madleen
madleen
United States
Local time: 17:14
Arabic to English
+ ...
Nov 20, 2016

Dear Translators

I am using Memsource Web Editor. I want to use the feature that saves me the torture of retranslating and RETYPING the same phrase/sentence over and over again. On the top right side there is a search pane in which you can insert a segment and search for an existing translation. I get the results in the form of chunks containing the sentence I am looking for. I do not want the whole "chunk" ; just part of it. How can I copy that specific part I want and paste it in
... See more
Dear Translators

I am using Memsource Web Editor. I want to use the feature that saves me the torture of retranslating and RETYPING the same phrase/sentence over and over again. On the top right side there is a search pane in which you can insert a segment and search for an existing translation. I get the results in the form of chunks containing the sentence I am looking for. I do not want the whole "chunk" ; just part of it. How can I copy that specific part I want and paste it into the target? or import it into the target? or even having it suggested automatically while I am typing instead of searching for it?
I tried to copy past the sentence I want into the target but nothing happened.
I do not use Memsource that much so please excuse my questions!

Thank you for your much needed help
Collapse

Tomás Cano Binder, BA, CT
Tomás Cano Binder, BA, CT  Identity Verified
Spain
Local time: 01:14
Member (2005)
English to Spanish
+ ...
Wrong forum? Nov 21, 2016

As it seems, you posted this in the memoQ forum. You might want to ask the moderators to move it to the right place?

madleen
madleen
United States
Local time: 17:14
Arabic to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Memsource right forum? Nov 21, 2016

Hello Tomas

Thank you for pointing that out. I did not post it here. A moderator moved it to this forum.
I did not find a Memsource forum

There is no moderator assigned specifically to this forum.
To report site rules violations or get help, please contact site staff »

how to use matches in Memsource??

Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »