RESOLVED: How do I select a TB for my new terms
Thread poster: Stepan Konev
Stepan Konev
Stepan Konev  Identity Verified
Russian Federation
Local time: 22:44
English to Russian
Apr 27, 2019

I was assigned a project in Memsource. To facilitate my work I asked the manager to create an empty termbase for me. Now there are two termbases: the client's one, which is sort of the client's sacred tablet—I may not add or amend terms there, and another one is an empty TB for my adding and editing terms (all boxes ticked: Read, Write, QA). However once I add a new term, it goes to the client's termbase. (Even if a termbase is not checked as 'Write', Memsource still allows adding new terms as... See more
I was assigned a project in Memsource. To facilitate my work I asked the manager to create an empty termbase for me. Now there are two termbases: the client's one, which is sort of the client's sacred tablet—I may not add or amend terms there, and another one is an empty TB for my adding and editing terms (all boxes ticked: Read, Write, QA). However once I add a new term, it goes to the client's termbase. (Even if a termbase is not checked as 'Write', Memsource still allows adding new terms as 'candidate terms'.) I do not want this behavior for the client's termbase. I want Memsource to add new terms to my individual TB.

To summarize my question: How do I let Memsource know which termbase I need to add terms to?

Thank you.
===
Update: This statement—Even if a termbase is not checked as 'Write', Memsource still allows adding new terms as 'candidate terms'—is wrong. The box 'Write' was just checked against a wrong termbase. It can be only checked for one TB. When I asked to double check it again, they found what was wrong.

[Edited at 2019-04-27 20:31 GMT]
Collapse

There is no moderator assigned specifically to this forum.
To report site rules violations or get help, please contact site staff »

RESOLVED: How do I select a TB for my new terms

Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »