How to use multilingual MS excel file settings?
Thread poster: Wenjing Huang
Wenjing Huang
Wenjing Huang
China
Local time: 03:44
Apr 14, 2021

To anyone who see this post,

I am a translation and interpreting student, and I am doing a portfolio assignment about Memsource. I have a few questions about Multilingual MS Excel settings. Hope you can help me!

1. Is that when the excel file contains multiple source languages and I need to translate into multiple target languages, I use the Multilingual MS Excel settings?

2. When I tick "Use HTML subfilter", what will happen?

3. When enter cor
... See more
To anyone who see this post,

I am a translation and interpreting student, and I am doing a portfolio assignment about Memsource. I have a few questions about Multilingual MS Excel settings. Hope you can help me!

1. Is that when the excel file contains multiple source languages and I need to translate into multiple target languages, I use the Multilingual MS Excel settings?

2. When I tick "Use HTML subfilter", what will happen?

3. When enter corresponding column letters under Segment multilingual XLS, what should happen in the edit page?

I have tried many times, but I never success. My teacher didn't tell us anything about this, I even don't know what should be contained in the excel file that to be translated.

I sincerly hope you can help me out!!

Thank you very much!!
Collapse

AdamKyr
AdamKyr
United Kingdom
Local time: 19:44
Greek to English
multilingual Dec 2, 2021

I know this was posted a long time ago but:

1) HTML subfilter is used when you need to hide HTML code from the source text in order to make translation easier
2) You can use it when you have a file with e.g. source text in column A and you want to translate it into column C
3) You should also make sure to choose the file type at the end of the settings page (multilingual excel)

If it s a csv file, you should choose the appropriate csv settings.

There is no moderator assigned specifically to this forum.
To report site rules violations or get help, please contact site staff »

How to use multilingual MS excel file settings?

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »