https://www.proz.com/forum/metatexis_support/11209-metatexis_problem_unable_to_finalise_document.html

Metatexis problem: unable to finalise document
Thread poster: Eva Blanar
Eva Blanar
Eva Blanar  Identity Verified
Hungary
Local time: 09:31
English to Hungarian
+ ...
May 21, 2003

I had very good experience with Metatexis, but now, suddenly, I have a 2000-word translation here I am unable to finalise (Word freezes immediately when I want to make the final version, or go to the next translation unit... whatever).

A few \"successes\": I can print the translated version, I can even copy the text into a new file, but there, it won\'t be a Metatexis document, so I cannot make the final version. If I define this new document as a Metatexis document again
... See more
I had very good experience with Metatexis, but now, suddenly, I have a 2000-word translation here I am unable to finalise (Word freezes immediately when I want to make the final version, or go to the next translation unit... whatever).

A few \"successes\": I can print the translated version, I can even copy the text into a new file, but there, it won\'t be a Metatexis document, so I cannot make the final version. If I define this new document as a Metatexis document again, MS Word freezes.

Could someone give me some useful advice?

Just a few data: I have Word XP and virus infection is excluded. With new files, Metatexis works without problem.

[Edited at 2003-05-21 06:53]
Collapse

GAK (X)
GAK (X)  Identity Verified
English to German
+ ...
Contact Mr. Bruns directly May 21, 2003

Why don`t you contact Mr. Bruns, who is responsible for Metatexis, directly?

He is very helpful and I am sure he can help you. His e-mail address: [email protected].

Good luck!

Greetings

Anett Kiefer

Terry Thatcher Waltz, Ph.D.
Terry Thatcher Waltz, Ph.D.  Identity Verified
Local time: 03:31
Chinese to English
+ ...
He does reply May 21, 2003

He gives quick and excellent support, but it might be nice to have the reply posted here, too, so that others could benefit. I\'m not sure if Metatexis has a useful knowledge base or not, or if current queries are added to it.

Henry Dotterer
Henry Dotterer
Local time: 03:31
SITE FOUNDER
Hermann is on vacation May 21, 2003

Yes, Hermann usually replies very quickly and thoroughly. However, he is currently on vacation, through next week.

There is a metatexis group at YahooGroups. Have you tried that?

Eva Blanar
Eva Blanar  Identity Verified
Hungary
English to Hungarian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks, that'll do for the time being May 21, 2003

Thank you, I wrote to Hermann Bruns and sent him the file itself for inspection. (I am lucky this was none of those confidential corporate issues I shall handle \'hush-hush\'.)

At any rate, I continue working with Metatexis (with brand-new files) and now I have no problem at all, so the worst thing to happen to me is that I\'ve got to retype those 2k words. Not very appealing, but feasible.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Natalie[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Metatexis problem: unable to finalise document

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »