Rox-Edling
Rox-Edling
Germany
Local time: 09:23
Spanish to German
+ ...
Feb 23, 2009

Hello,

I am trying to install Metatexis (latest version) for Office 2003 with Office 2007 under Vista.

Unfortunately it does not really work. The process is as follows:

- Executing metatexis.exe.
- Vista asks for admin rights.
- When installing, the installer (or any other program) is asking sth. I can answer with Yes or No.

- No matter which answer I choose, the process continues in a normal way and Word can be launched. Everything
... See more
Hello,

I am trying to install Metatexis (latest version) for Office 2003 with Office 2007 under Vista.

Unfortunately it does not really work. The process is as follows:

- Executing metatexis.exe.
- Vista asks for admin rights.
- When installing, the installer (or any other program) is asking sth. I can answer with Yes or No.

- No matter which answer I choose, the process continues in a normal way and Word can be launched. Everything is in its place and runs fine, but Word 2007 is running with admin permissions.

- When I restart Word as a user, there is no possibility to make Metatexis work in a productive manner. I am not able to add metatexis.dll as COM Add-In, and when adding metatexis.dot as a template, settings are not stored and Word "forgets" the template after every restart, so that I have to add it again.

Any hints how to proceed?

Best regards

Torsten
Collapse

hrvatski (X)
hrvatski (X)  Identity Verified
Croatian to French
+ ...
metatexis Feb 10, 2010

Hello,
I also try to install it with Word 2007, under Vista, and it doesn't work.
What's the solution?
Thanks
Best regards

Rox-Edling
Rox-Edling
Germany
Spanish to German
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Nope Feb 11, 2010

There is no solution. Shortly after asking for this, the developer told me that you must be Admin on your machine to run Metatexis.

Maybe this is different with the actual versions, but it does not seem so.

Kind regards

Torsten

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Natalie[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Installing Metatexis with Word 2007

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »