source segments of translated file has disappeared
Thread poster: Karin Maack
Karin Maack
Karin Maack  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 21:00
English to German
Feb 9, 2010

I am translating a word file. When I opened it today, the source segments of the already translated part of the text was gone. As soon as I have translated a new segment, the source text is also gone - as if MetaTexis was only producing a cleaned version. Even in finished translations, the sourcetext has becom invisible. Really invisible, because actually it is still there: when I open a translated segment, the source text is visible again.

Is this something new to make the file l
... See more
I am translating a word file. When I opened it today, the source segments of the already translated part of the text was gone. As soon as I have translated a new segment, the source text is also gone - as if MetaTexis was only producing a cleaned version. Even in finished translations, the sourcetext has becom invisible. Really invisible, because actually it is still there: when I open a translated segment, the source text is visible again.

Is this something new to make the file looking less confuse or is it something wrong and I should do something about it? If yes, does anybody know what?

My version number of MetaTexis is 2.972 - 05.01.2010
Thank you for any help.
Collapse

Thomas Dihrberg
Thomas Dihrberg  Identity Verified
United States
Spanish to German
+ ...
hidden text Feb 9, 2010

Hi Karin,

Open in Word Tools - Options - then tick the “hidden text” box under the “show” tab. Click on “OK

rgds Thomas

[Editado a las 2010-02-09 12:10 GMT]

Karin Maack
Karin Maack  Identity Verified
Germany
English to German
TOPIC STARTER
Thank you, Thomas Feb 9, 2010

This did it. I wonder how that happened. Anyway, now it is back to normal.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Natalie[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

source segments of translated file has disappeared

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »