Thread poster: Alexandre Chetrite
Alexandre Chetrite
Alexandre Chetrite
France
Local time: 14:37
English to French
Feb 9, 2011

Hello,

I purchased MetaTexis PRO recently and I wonder if it's fully compatible with Trados?

What can I do with Trados files and what can't I do ?

If a customer asks for Trados, how can I convince him or her that MetaTexis is fully compatible with Trados files (if it is really)?

Hermann Bruns
Hermann Bruns  Identity Verified
English to German
MetaTexis Pro is not FULLY compatible Feb 9, 2011

Hello Alexandre,

only TRADOS is FULLY compatible with TRADOS !!!

With MetaTexis Pro you can process TRADOS Word documents, but not the newer TRADOS TagEditor documents (TTX files).

Only with MetaTexis NET/Office you can process both the old TRADOS Word documents and the TagEditor files.

To convice the customer that you can process the files, please ask him for sample files and ask for the formats to be delivered. Then you can check and test if
... See more
Hello Alexandre,

only TRADOS is FULLY compatible with TRADOS !!!

With MetaTexis Pro you can process TRADOS Word documents, but not the newer TRADOS TagEditor documents (TTX files).

Only with MetaTexis NET/Office you can process both the old TRADOS Word documents and the TagEditor files.

To convice the customer that you can process the files, please ask him for sample files and ask for the formats to be delivered. Then you can check and test if MetaTexis can do this. MetaTexis can do a lot, but, MetaTexis is not a TRADOS clone.

Best regards
Hermann
Collapse

Samuel Murray
Samuel Murray  Identity Verified
Netherlands
Member (2006)
English to Afrikaans
+ ...
Non-pre-translated TTX? Sep 24, 2011

Hermann Bruns wrote:
With MetaTexis Pro you can process TRADOS Word documents, but not the newer TRADOS TagEditor documents (TTX files). ... Only with MetaTexis NET/Office you can process both the old TRADOS Word documents and the TagEditor files.

The web site says that the Pro version can do TTX files -- is this a mistake?
http://www.metatexis.com/features.htm

Also, the TTX file in the demonstration video is a pre-translated TTX file. Can Metatexis handle non-pre-translated TTX files?
http://www.metatexis.net/support/demos/MetaTexis_TRADOS_2_demo/MetaTexis_TRADOS_2_demo.htm

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Natalie[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

MetaTexis PRO and Trados compatibility

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »
Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »