Ditte Duclert  Identity Verified
Spain
Local time: 18:05
Member (2011)
English to Danish
+ ...
Mar 4, 2011

Hello,
I have a word document with a table in it with two columns. First column has the source language words (single words and short sentences) and the second column has the target language, everything is filled in.

Now I need to translate a different document where many, if not most or all of the words are the same as in the original document, but only the column with the source lange is filled in and the second column needs filling in. The words will not be in the same ord
... See more
Hello,
I have a word document with a table in it with two columns. First column has the source language words (single words and short sentences) and the second column has the target language, everything is filled in.

Now I need to translate a different document where many, if not most or all of the words are the same as in the original document, but only the column with the source lange is filled in and the second column needs filling in. The words will not be in the same order and some words/phrases might differ from the original document.

Is there any way that I can easily add the combinations from the original document to my TM (I am using MetaTexis NET/Office)? Or what would be the easiest way to work through this?

Thanks!
Collapse

Natalie
Natalie  Identity Verified
Poland
Member (2002)
English to Russian
+ ...

Moderator of this forum
SITE LOCALIZER
Hi Ditte Mar 4, 2011

Export your table into a text file with any delimiter you like (tab, for example).

In MT, create a new memory with the necessary parameters, and import the TXT file into it.

HTH,
Natalia

FarkasAndras
FarkasAndras  Identity Verified
English to Hungarian
+ ...
Alternative Mar 4, 2011

Another option: make a TMX out of the file (I'm guessing Metatexis supports TMX, right?)

http://www.proz.com/translation-articles/articles/3194/1/Converting-translation-memories-into-spreadsheets-and-vice-versa

Ditte Duclert
Ditte Duclert  Identity Verified
Spain
Member (2011)
English to Danish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks Mar 5, 2011

Thanks for your suggestions, I will give those a try!

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Natalie[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Making TM from table in word document

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »
Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »