https://www.proz.com/forum/metatexis_support/26423-metatexis_and_insufficient_memory.html

MetaTexis and insufficient memory
Thread poster: LindaMcM
LindaMcM
LindaMcM  Identity Verified
Local time: 06:48
Swedish to German
+ ...
Nov 7, 2004

Hello,

since about two hours I have a problem with MetaTexis (version 2.401) and my RAM.
When I open a segment I get the annoying "Word has insufficient memory. You will not be able to undo this action once it is completed. Do you want to continue" notification (original: Unzureichender Arbeitsspeicher. Sie können diesen Vorgang nicht rückgängig machen. Möchten Sie fortfahren?).
This only seems to affect MetaTexis / Word. Everything else is working fine.

... See more
Hello,

since about two hours I have a problem with MetaTexis (version 2.401) and my RAM.
When I open a segment I get the annoying "Word has insufficient memory. You will not be able to undo this action once it is completed. Do you want to continue" notification (original: Unzureichender Arbeitsspeicher. Sie können diesen Vorgang nicht rückgängig machen. Möchten Sie fortfahren?).
This only seems to affect MetaTexis / Word. Everything else is working fine.

I have browsed the fora and got the impression that the only solution is to "upgrade your RAM" which I don't think is necessary as I already have 512 MB...
I downloaded and ran FreeRAM XP Pro but the problem persists.

I have no idea why this happens... I have German Win XP (with SP2) and Office XP (with SP3), 1,8 GHz processor and there is nothing "huge" running in the background and I haven't changed any settings.
This is very annoying and time consuming (as I have to click the "yes" button about ten times before reaching the next segment).
I have re-booted, run regcleaner, deleted temporary files,...

Does anyone know how to get rid of this?

Thanks in advance!

Linda
Collapse

Hermann Bruns
Hermann Bruns  Identity Verified
English to German
Just click OK and go ahead Nov 7, 2004

Hello Linda,

when the error message described by you is displayed just click OK (or Yes). The process should then continue without causing further harm.

The error itself is somewhat strange, for it seems to be shown quite randomly. Partly, the error seems to be caused by special features of the document being translated.

I suggest that you install the latest version of MetaTexis (2.41) and try again. If the error is still shown, please send the document tra
... See more
Hello Linda,

when the error message described by you is displayed just click OK (or Yes). The process should then continue without causing further harm.

The error itself is somewhat strange, for it seems to be shown quite randomly. Partly, the error seems to be caused by special features of the document being translated.

I suggest that you install the latest version of MetaTexis (2.41) and try again. If the error is still shown, please send the document translated to the MetaTexis support, if possible ([email protected]). I will then try to reproduce the error to remove its cause.

Best regards
Hermann
(Developer of MetaTexis)
Collapse

LindaMcM
Swedish to German
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Unfortunately it's not that easy... Nov 7, 2004

Hello Hermann,

Unfortunately it's not that easy... As I mentioned I have to click the "yes" button much more than one time to go on - and this every time I'm jumping to the next segment.

What's also strange: I can use other functions without any problem. E.g. I cleaned the file and that went well.

I'll do as you suggested and install the update.

Thank you!

Linda

Lydia Molea
Lydia Molea  Identity Verified
Germany
English to German
+ ...
My solution ... Nov 7, 2004

I've had this problem before (not very often), and it's usually with documents with graphics in them. My solution is my solve-all solution: save, close the doc, shut down the computer, start again. So far it has worked, i.e. the error message didn't come back. I know I know, it doesn't REALLY solve the MT problem, but if you have a deadline to keep ...
Good luck
Lydia

LindaMcM
Swedish to German
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
... Nov 8, 2004

Yes, I have a deadline to keep - that's why I'm sitting here, in the "middle of the night" (I hate getting up early)

The document doesn't contain any graphics, it's plain text so that can't be the reason and I have rebooted several times. Even the update didn't change anything so for now it's split screen and no TM...

Thank you,

Linda

helen howard
helen howard  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 05:48
Member (2004)
English to German
+ ...
same problem Nov 23, 2004

I have the same problem with a file I'm translating - it is pure text (no graphics) and it doesn't matter how many times I reboot or defrag. etc. It's very time-consuming! Can anyone help?

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Natalie[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

MetaTexis and insufficient memory

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »