https://www.proz.com/forum/metatexis_support/27307-metatexis_and_powerpoint_how_to_export.html

MetaTexis and PowerPoint - how to export?
Thread poster: LindaMcM
LindaMcM
LindaMcM  Identity Verified
Local time: 20:54
Swedish to German
+ ...
Dec 6, 2004

Hi,

for the first time I am translating a PowerPoint file with MetaTexis. Import went well, no problems so far.
But what now? How do I convert the translation back to ppt?

I have probably missed something very stupid and easy...

Thanks in advance,

Linda

Hermann Bruns
Hermann Bruns  Identity Verified
English to German
Execute menu command "Make final PowerPoint file" Dec 6, 2004

Hello Linda,

after haveing finished the translation, go to the MetaTexis sub-menu "Microsoft Office" and execute the command "Make final PowerPoint file". Then the translation will be copied to the PowerPoint file.

Best regards
Hermann

LindaMcM
LindaMcM  Identity Verified
Swedish to German
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Embarrassing... Dec 6, 2004

Hello Hermann,

sorry for being absolutely blind! It was so simple...

Thank you!

Kind regards,

Linda

stefirta
stefirta
Local time: 11:54
English to Russian
While importing back to PPT initial formatting is lost Mar 5, 2007

Hermann Bruns wrote:

Hello Linda,

after haveing finished the translation, go to the MetaTexis sub-menu "Microsoft Office" and execute the command "Make final PowerPoint file". Then the translation will be copied to the PowerPoint file.

Best regards
Hermann

Herman,

I recently tried Metatexis (which is superb in many ways!), but I experience problems importing translated presentations back into their initial PowerPoint format - the formating (mostly fonts) most of the time is lost. Either the size, or the fonts themselves (e.g. Arial is often replaced with Times New Roman).

Since most of my job involves PPT documents, it is a major hurdle for me for using Metatexis. Is there any way to tackle this issue?

Thank you!

Constantin

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Natalie[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

MetaTexis and PowerPoint - how to export?

Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »