https://www.proz.com/forum/metatexis_support/29197-metatexis_setting_spaces_as_end_of_segment_markers.html

Metatexis: Setting spaces as end of segment markers
Thread poster: Marcus Vigilante
Marcus Vigilante
Marcus Vigilante  Identity Verified
Thailand
Local time: 12:56
Thai to English
+ ...
Feb 8, 2005

I have the latest Metatexis version 2.4 and I am trying to use it for translation from Thai to English. However, since Thai usually uses no punctuation (except spaces to separate sentences and some phrases), each translation segment turns up as a full paragraph.

I have gone to Document Options=>Segmentation and added a space to the list of end-of-segment markers, but it does not seem to register.

I can achieve my purpose by replacing all spaces with periods(.) in the Th
... See more
I have the latest Metatexis version 2.4 and I am trying to use it for translation from Thai to English. However, since Thai usually uses no punctuation (except spaces to separate sentences and some phrases), each translation segment turns up as a full paragraph.

I have gone to Document Options=>Segmentation and added a space to the list of end-of-segment markers, but it does not seem to register.

I can achieve my purpose by replacing all spaces with periods(.) in the Thai document before I start translating, but I would rather be able to set spaces as the end-of-segment marker.

Any help would be appreciated.
Collapse

Hermann Bruns
Hermann Bruns  Identity Verified
Local time: 07:56
English to German
Add "{32}" Feb 8, 2005

Hi Marcus,

do not add the space character, but "{32}" to the list of segment delimiters and untick the checkbox right next before you click the button Add.

This should do the trick.

In the next version of MetaTexis. The list of segment delimiters will be configured automatically when Thai is selected as source language.

Best regards
Hermann
Developer of MetaTexis

Hermann Bruns
Hermann Bruns  Identity Verified
Local time: 07:56
English to German
Version 2.51 of MetaTexis released Feb 10, 2005

Hi Marcus,

last night I have release version 2.51 of MetaTexis.

This version version should handle text in Thai language correctly by default.

Please check.

Best regards
Hermann
(Developer of MetaTexis)

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Natalie[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Metatexis: Setting spaces as end of segment markers

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »