Metatexis translation not showing
Thread poster: Marissa Vicari

Marissa Vicari  Identity Verified
Local time: 11:34
French to English
Apr 15, 2006

I'm trying out metatexis (thank you proz.com responders for pointing me in this direction:)) . The first paragraph of my document worked fine, I see the translation there. After that I can only see the source text, not my translation! I can only visualise the translation when I check on 'show hidden text'. Of course, it's supposed to be the translation I see, and the source text that is hidden. What happened after that first paragraph? How do I get my translation back? I've looked in the m... See more
I'm trying out metatexis (thank you proz.com responders for pointing me in this direction:)) . The first paragraph of my document worked fine, I see the translation there. After that I can only see the source text, not my translation! I can only visualise the translation when I check on 'show hidden text'. Of course, it's supposed to be the translation I see, and the source text that is hidden. What happened after that first paragraph? How do I get my translation back? I've looked in the manual, and clicked around the program a bit now.

Thank you for your continued advice,
Marissa
Collapse

Natalie  Identity Verified
Poland
Local time: 18:34
Member (2002)
English to Russian
+ ...

Moderator of this forum
SITE LOCALIZER
Hi Marissa Apr 15, 2006

In case you wish to see both source and translation, go to Metatexis > Navigation > Show hidden text on/off.

HTH,
Natalia

P.S. Perhaps I have misunderstood your question. In case you see only source, not translation, maybe you haven't clicked the OK button on the Metatexis toolbar while going to the next segment?

[Edited at 2006-04-15 16:32]

Spiros Doikas  Identity Verified
Local time: 19:34
Member (2002)
English to Greek
+ ...
MetaTexis workflow Apr 16, 2006

In case of a fuzzy match first press Shift+Alt+Enter to accept the fuzzy match and then Alt+Down or simply Alt+Ctrl+Shift+Down to execute both functions at once. I prefer to assign Alt+Down to this function (Select translation and open next TU).

To do this: Go to the General options, select the Shortcuts tab, click button Default, then click OK. The command Select translation and open next TU should now have a shortcut. To change the shortcut, just double click the item in the sho
... See more
In case of a fuzzy match first press Shift+Alt+Enter to accept the fuzzy match and then Alt+Down or simply Alt+Ctrl+Shift+Down to execute both functions at once. I prefer to assign Alt+Down to this function (Select translation and open next TU).

To do this: Go to the General options, select the Shortcuts tab, click button Default, then click OK. The command Select translation and open next TU should now have a shortcut. To change the shortcut, just double click the item in the shortcut list. Also you can reverse the assignment and assign open next TU to Alt+Ctrl+Shift+Down in order to move to the next TU without saving the open one.
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Natalie[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Metatexis translation not showing

Advanced search

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use SDL Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Termsøk
  • Jobber
  • Forumer
  • Multiple search