How do I create a Metatexis database or TM?
Thread poster: Astrid Elke Witte
Astrid Elke Witte
Astrid Elke Witte  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 09:04
Member (2002)
German to English
+ ...
Aug 31, 2002

I recently downloaded Metatexis. First it would not work as I only had Microsoft Word, and it became apparent that it only works with Microsoft Office. Having gone to the considerable expense of buying Microsoft Office, I still can\'t make Metatexis work now, because there appears to be no option to create a database, or any instructions on how to create one. I have my own vocabulary lists, as word documents, but I really haven\'t a clue how to make them into Metatexis databases to use within... See more
I recently downloaded Metatexis. First it would not work as I only had Microsoft Word, and it became apparent that it only works with Microsoft Office. Having gone to the considerable expense of buying Microsoft Office, I still can\'t make Metatexis work now, because there appears to be no option to create a database, or any instructions on how to create one. I have my own vocabulary lists, as word documents, but I really haven\'t a clue how to make them into Metatexis databases to use within the Metatexis programme. Can anyone help?Collapse

ALAIN COTE (X)
ALAIN COTE (X)  Identity Verified
Local time: 16:04
Japanese to French
Maybe... Aug 31, 2002

Maybe you have the same problem I had a few days ago. I went to the Metatexis Group in Yahoo (http://groups.yahoo.com/group/MetaTexis/) and got some help.

In my case, the Metatexis menus did not appear in Word because I had to remove a \"bad\" add-in in [Tools-Templates and Add-ins]. Then I removed the add-ins one after the other until the Metatexis menu finally appears...

In
... See more
Maybe you have the same problem I had a few days ago. I went to the Metatexis Group in Yahoo (http://groups.yahoo.com/group/MetaTexis/) and got some help.

In my case, the Metatexis menus did not appear in Word because I had to remove a \"bad\" add-in in [Tools-Templates and Add-ins]. Then I removed the add-ins one after the other until the Metatexis menu finally appears...

In any case, I think you should subscribe to the Metatexis group in Yahoo, and explain your problem in details...

Good luck!

Alain

[ This Message was edited by: on 2002-09-01 07:44 ]
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Natalie[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

How do I create a Metatexis database or TM?

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »