Alain Alameddine  Identity Verified
Lebanon
Local time: 10:42
Member (2009)
English to French
+ ...
Mar 21, 2010

Hi all,

Paypal doesn't work where I live (Lebanon). Up until now I've been using my sister's account (in the UAE) and she's been sending me the money via Western Union, but lately that's been a bit troublesome too.

I can use Moneybookers, but most companies out there really do use Paypal, so I'm wondering what I could do.

I'm thinking of having someone with both Paypal and Moneybookers receive my money on Paypal and send it to me via Moneybookers in exchang
... See more
Hi all,

Paypal doesn't work where I live (Lebanon). Up until now I've been using my sister's account (in the UAE) and she's been sending me the money via Western Union, but lately that's been a bit troublesome too.

I can use Moneybookers, but most companies out there really do use Paypal, so I'm wondering what I could do.

I'm thinking of having someone with both Paypal and Moneybookers receive my money on Paypal and send it to me via Moneybookers in exchange for 1% or something of the like. Any help? Or any other suggestions?

Thanks!

Alain
Collapse

Ahmad Abdul-hafeeZ
Ahmad Abdul-hafeeZ  Identity Verified
Saudi Arabia
Member (2009)
English to Arabic
+ ...
Problem with Paypal Mar 22, 2010

Hi Alain,

I have the same problem where most of my clients prefer to pay by Paypal.

When I found someone to receive money he asked to take 20% from the total amount which is too much!!!!

I think they (Paypal) did not know about Middle East because they did not include its countries (except UAE in both sending and receiving) till now.

Finally, I would like to refer to arabic forum where there is a post talking about this subject.

Th
... See more
Hi Alain,

I have the same problem where most of my clients prefer to pay by Paypal.

When I found someone to receive money he asked to take 20% from the total amount which is too much!!!!

I think they (Paypal) did not know about Middle East because they did not include its countries (except UAE in both sending and receiving) till now.

Finally, I would like to refer to arabic forum where there is a post talking about this subject.

Thanks

Ahmad.

[Edited at 2010-03-22 08:53 GMT]

[Edited at 2010-03-22 08:53 GMT]
Collapse

ahmadwadan.com
ahmadwadan.com  Identity Verified
Saudi Arabia
English to Arabic
+ ...
daylight robbery Mar 22, 2010

Ahmad abdul-hafeeZ wrote:

Ahmad, 20% is not too much, it is a daylight robbery!

Muhammad Atallah
Muhammad Atallah  Identity Verified
Egypt
Local time: 09:42
English to Arabic
+ ...
2checkout is a good solution! Mar 22, 2010

Dear Colleagues,

I had been suffering from the same problem for approximately two years, but now I use 2checkout.com for the clients who prefer to pay via PayPal. 2Checkout.com is a certified seller that enables your client to pay using Paypal or by using his/her credit card whether Visa, MasterCard, American Express, Diner's Club, Discover, JCB, or online check.

With 2CO, you simply enter your products or services into your product database and send the link that is a
... See more
Dear Colleagues,

I had been suffering from the same problem for approximately two years, but now I use 2checkout.com for the clients who prefer to pay via PayPal. 2Checkout.com is a certified seller that enables your client to pay using Paypal or by using his/her credit card whether Visa, MasterCard, American Express, Diner's Club, Discover, JCB, or online check.

With 2CO, you simply enter your products or services into your product database and send the link that is automatically created for you to your client. When your client click on the link to pay, 2CO handles the sale in a secure environment, contracts with you as the supplier to fulfill the sale, and deposits payment for the sale into your account. Then you can send your money directly to your bank.

I hope this helps!

Muhammad Atallah
Collapse

ahmadwadan.com
ahmadwadan.com  Identity Verified
Saudi Arabia
English to Arabic
+ ...
High fees Mar 22, 2010

Muhammad Atallah wrote:

but now I use 2checkout.com for the clients who prefer to pay via

Yes, go for it if you can accept high fees https://www.2checkout.com/documentation/op_regs_a.html

[Edited at 2010-03-23 10:42 GMT]

Vicente Victorica
Vicente Victorica  Identity Verified
Local time: 01:42
English to Spanish
2CO not supporting translation services Oct 13, 2019

Muhammad Atallah wrote:

Dear Colleagues,

With 2CO, you simply enter your products or services into your product database and send the link that is automatically created for you to your client. When your client click on the link to pay, 2CO handles the sale in a secure environment, contracts with you as the supplier to fulfill the sale, and deposits payment for the sale into your account. Then you can send your money directly to your bank.

I hope this helps!

Muhammad Atallah

Apparently, 2Checout does not accept Translation Services companies/freelancers anymore. I was rejected because of my "industry".

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

No Paypal in my country! What can I do?

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »