Problem with multiuser collaborations on OmegaT 4.1.5_03
Thread poster: nivaca
nivaca
nivaca
Colombia
Local time: 07:49
Feb 23, 2019

I have set a Gitlab repository for my translations. I am the repository maintainer. OmegaT syncs perfectly whenever I work on it.
I have granted other users "developer access" on GitLab (they have their own GitLab accounts, but they have collaborator access to my repository). Whenever they work on OmegaT, apparently there are no problems: they download their work and sync without issues.
However, whenever I log in with OmegaT from my account (the creator and maintainer of the reposit
... See more
I have set a Gitlab repository for my translations. I am the repository maintainer. OmegaT syncs perfectly whenever I work on it.
I have granted other users "developer access" on GitLab (they have their own GitLab accounts, but they have collaborator access to my repository). Whenever they work on OmegaT, apparently there are no problems: they download their work and sync without issues.
However, whenever I log in with OmegaT from my account (the creator and maintainer of the repository), I cannot see any their changes. It is as if they were using separate branches or something (even if there is only one branch in my repository).

The only way I can manage "multiuser" collaboration is by giving the other users my username/password, which is far from ideal.

I thought this might be a problem with Gitlab, so I did the same tests on Github, but the result was the same.

Any ideas on how to solve this issue? Thanks in advance.
Collapse

Susan Welsh
Susan Welsh  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 08:49
Russian to English
+ ...
Ask on the Yahoo list Feb 24, 2019

Such technical questions are best submitted to the Yahoo list:
https://groups.yahoo.com/neo/groups/OmegaT/conversations/messages

nivaca
nivaca
Colombia
Local time: 07:49
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks, will do. Feb 24, 2019

Thanks, will do.

There is no moderator assigned specifically to this forum.
To report site rules violations or get help, please contact site staff »

Problem with multiuser collaborations on OmegaT 4.1.5_03

Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »