Thread poster: Mathias S. (X)
Mathias S. (X)
Mathias S. (X)
Germany
Local time: 06:41
German
TOPIC STARTER
Replace glossary entries Apr 9, 2019

Unfortunately using regular expression option makes no difference, I've also tried all regular expression modes without success.

By the way #1: small typo: glosary vs. glossary

By the way #2: I was looking for the possibility to change the language of the OmegaT user interface (e.g. for screenshots to present it here in English), but couldn't find it, can't imagine that there is none, but where is it hidden?

tcordonniery
tcordonniery
France
Not for multi-word entries now Apr 9, 2019

Mathias S. wrote:
Can you see if I missed something or it's simply a bug?

For this feature, I did re-use the algorithm written for "Options -> Glossary -> Replace Glossary Hits when Inserting Source Text" in OmegaT 3.6
Unfortunately this algorithm does not seem to support terms which use multiple words in the source. This seems to have been corrected in OmegaT 4, but actually DGT-OmegaT is still based on OmegaT 3.6
I will try to change the algorithm in the next version to make it reflecting "Glossaries and Transtips configuration" (meaning that I will not re-use the correction made for OmegaT 4, because their solution accepts only exact search, not stemmed entries) but in the meantime I have no solution for you for the moment, sorry.

Thomas

tcordonniery
tcordonniery
France
Change user language Apr 9, 2019

Mathias S. wrote:
By the way #2: I was looking for the possibility to change the language of the OmegaT user interface (e.g. for screenshots to present it here in English), but couldn't find it, can't imagine that there is none, but where is it hidden?

You cannot do this from the UI, the only possibility (as well valid for standard OmegaT) is to change in the launcher (bat or cmd file, which one you use to start OmegaT):
java -jar -Xmx512M "%~dp0OmegaT.jar" -Duser.language=en --config-dir=%~dp0\config %*

Aber kein Problem für mich, ich kann auch Deutsch verstehen (aber nicht die ganze UI selbst ubersetzen).

Thomas

Milan Condak
Milan Condak  Identity Verified
English to Czech
My two recent presesentations Apr 11, 2019

tcordonniery wrote:

in the meantime I have no solution for you for the moment, sorry.

Thomas

I want to close the topic and here are my last presentations

http://www.condak.cz/nove/2019-04/10/cs/00.html

TMX a glosář v OmegaT
LF Aligner

01 QTranslate
02 LF Aligner
03 MT a terminologie
04 TMX v OmegaT
05 Glosář v OmegaT

http://www.condak.cz/nove/2019-04/08/cs/00.html

Auto-translate with glossary in WFC = Propagate
Glosář DE-EN

01 Wordfast Classic
02 Translation memory

I prefer TMX, if is/are not available, MT and finaly the glossary for QA. In Wordfast are more features for working with glossaries.

Milan

Mathias S. (X)
Mathias S. (X)
Germany
German
TOPIC STARTER
great community Apr 12, 2019

Although I didn't find the functionality I had hoped for in its entirety for OmegaT, I have learned a lot and will continue to work on the subject. Thanks again for your continued support.

Meanwhile I came accross the tool GT4T which has a Feature called 'Fix MT results with Glossary
... See more
Although I didn't find the functionality I had hoped for in its entirety for OmegaT, I have learned a lot and will continue to work on the subject. Thanks again for your continued support.

Meanwhile I came accross the tool GT4T which has a Feature called 'Fix MT results with Glossary'.
https://search.proz.com/connect/getfile/2609941 (Screenshot as PDF)

This is exactly my intended approach in combination with the Option: Post-Translate: Terms in the Glossary will be marked as untranslatables and they are later replaced with the translations in Glossary after MT returns returns results. However this is only intended to be used for single sentences, not for whole documents. Maybe i will continue this topic in a new thread, but before that i will do more research. Of course further additions are welcome
Collapse

tcordonniery
tcordonniery
France
Correction done Apr 12, 2019

Milan Condak wrote:

I want to close the topic and here are my last presentations

Thanks for the test report, that is interesting.

Sorry for the delay but I just published a version DGT-3.2 update 10 which now is capable of replacing multi-term glossaries (it now uses same search method as for transtips, including any kind of lemmatization), bug corrected.

Thomas

Milan Condak
English to Czech
Last version is capable of replacing multi-term glossaries Apr 13, 2019

tcordonniery wrote:

.. I just published a version DGT-3.2 update 10 which now is capable of replacing multi-term glossaries (it now uses same search method as for transtips, including any kind of lemmatization), bug corrected.

Thomas

Tested again. After pre-translation I left windows with "search results" opened. When I open segment by segment I get translation into Editor pane. Yes, DGT-3.2 update 10 is capable of replacing multi-term glossaries.

Thank you for your useful work.

Milan

PS: Never say never.

Milan Condak
English to Czech
Two animations again Apr 14, 2019

Milan Condak wrote:
Tested again.

Interlingua has no MT and a feature Search and Replace can be useful.

1. Search and Replace in pane "Text Search"

Animation of "translating" od 409 segments

http://www.condak.cz/nove/2019-04/13/en/00.html

2. Translating in pane Editor

Animation of translating od 32 (28 unique) segments

http://www.condak.cz/nove/2019-04/13/en/01.html

Milan

Milan Condak
English to Czech
Last version is capable of replacing multi-term glossaries Apr 23, 2019

tcordonniery wrote:

.. I just published a version DGT-3.2 update 10 which now is capable of replacing multi-term glossaries (it now uses same search method as for transtips, including any kind of lemmatization), bug corrected.

Thomas

Pre-translate with DGT-OmegaT is working in specific conditions.
For me the feature is not working with one word glossary entry in source field. Multi-word entry works. The glossary must not be large. Machine translation (with local TMX) works.

http://www.condak.cz/nove/2019-04/18/en/00.html

Pre-translate with DGT-OmegaT

EN->DE, IA->CS

01 DE-EN Translate all
02 IA-CS Replace by glossary items
03 IA-CS IA-CS Machine translation (from TMX) - Animation
04 IA-CS Machine translation finished

Milan

Pages in topic:   < [1 2]

There is no moderator assigned specifically to this forum.
To report site rules violations or get help, please contact site staff »

pre-translate with OmegaT ?

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »