Aleksandra Rychlicka
Aleksandra Rychlicka
Poland
Local time: 12:09
Russian to Polish
+ ...
Apr 25, 2019

OmegaT v 3.6.0_11

Most of the documents I translate are Polish->English/Russian.
I have huge glossaries, first created in xls and then converted into txt.

The problem is: Omega T finds words in my glossary ONLY if they're in the same grammatical case (nomin., accusa. etc.). In Polish the same word ends with ending when used in different grammatical cases.

I know it has already been discussed at some polish forums, but no solution has be
... See more
OmegaT v 3.6.0_11

Most of the documents I translate are Polish->English/Russian.
I have huge glossaries, first created in xls and then converted into txt.

The problem is: Omega T finds words in my glossary ONLY if they're in the same grammatical case (nomin., accusa. etc.). In Polish the same word ends with ending when used in different grammatical cases.

I know it has already been discussed at some polish forums, but no solution has been found.

Please, guide me!

Aleksandra
Collapse

Susan Welsh
Susan Welsh  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 07:09
Russian to English
+ ...
recognition of declensions Apr 25, 2019

I'm not an expert, but I do not have this problem with Russian declensions. OmegaT recognizes them almost perfectly. I suggest that you upgrade to the latest build: OmegaT 4.2.0. The older versions of the software required the attachment of Tokenizers to recognize declined forms, but this is no longer necessary.

If that doesn't work and nobody else answers here, ask on the Yahoo group
... See more
I'm not an expert, but I do not have this problem with Russian declensions. OmegaT recognizes them almost perfectly. I suggest that you upgrade to the latest build: OmegaT 4.2.0. The older versions of the software required the attachment of Tokenizers to recognize declined forms, but this is no longer necessary.

If that doesn't work and nobody else answers here, ask on the Yahoo group, which has lots of experts: https://groups.yahoo.com/neo/groups/OmegaT/info
Collapse

Aleksandra Rychlicka
Aleksandra Rychlicka
Poland
Russian to Polish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Omega T 4.2.0 - stillno recognition (Polish) Apr 25, 2019

Thank you for your answer Susan!

Unfortunately OmegaT 4.2.0 has the same problem - I have installed it today.
I read at another OmegaT forum that the program has got no problem with Russwian or Czech declension, because of a plugin that somebody wrote to solve it. I'm trying to figure if there's any "plugin" or anything that would help with Polish declension.

Thank you for the yahoo link, I'll ask there also.

Aleksandra

esperantisto
esperantisto  Identity Verified
Local time: 14:09
Member (2006)
English to Russian
+ ...
SITE LOCALIZER
Tokenizers Apr 25, 2019

Tokenizers are the answer. For some languages, dedicated tokenizers are available. If Polish is not among them, tokenization can be done using the respective Hunspell dictionary. Thus, check the project properties for the tokenizer enabled for your target language.

DZiW (X)

Milan Condak
Milan Condak  Identity Verified
English to Czech
Tokenizers are the answer Apr 25, 2019

esperantisto wrote:

Tokenizers are the answer.

Edit your Project. I have Lucene and can choose HunTokenizer, too.

LucenePolishTokenizer
LuceneCzechTokenizer
--
Source PL sentence in Editor:

Aktywa z tytułu odroczonego podatku dochodowego
-
Glossary:

Podatki = daně
1. taxes

podatki = daně
1. taxes

podatku = daň
1. tax

skrawek = šrot
1. scrap

Tytułów = tituly
1. titles

tytułów = tituly
1. titles
===
Example of unwanted tokenization (lemmanisation):

http://www.condak.cz/nove/2019-04/18/en/02.html

A translation from Interlingua, word "universal". Wanted is exact match of whole word "universal".

Milan

[Edited at 2019-04-25 14:21 GMT]

Aleksandra Rychlicka

Aleksandra Rychlicka
Aleksandra Rychlicka
Poland
Russian to Polish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
It works! Apr 25, 2019

esperantisto wrote:

Tokenizers are the answer.

Thank you sooooo much! I had no idea what are the Tokenizers for - now I know, I have changed it to Polish and it did all the magic!

Aleksandra

There is no moderator assigned specifically to this forum.
To report site rules violations or get help, please contact site staff »

Omega T glossary - Declension / Deklinacja

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »