Problems with OmegaT 4.3.0 aligner in Ubuntu 18.04.3 LTS : ST / TT becomes 'invisible'
Thread poster: Esther Verborg
Esther Verborg
Esther Verborg
Netherlands
Local time: 13:40
Dutch to German
+ ...
Aug 12, 2019

Hello everyone,

I’m not quite sure if this is the right forum for my question - but who knows:

I just installed OmegatT 4.3.0 (e0e1b4cc) under Ubuntu 18.04.3 LTS

I need to use the aligner tool (Tools > Align Files) to create a TM from former translations which I did without a CAT-Tool.

Now here is the problem I encountered:

As soon as I click into a text field in the aligner (source or target text) the text gets invisible.
... See more
Hello everyone,

I’m not quite sure if this is the right forum for my question - but who knows:

I just installed OmegatT 4.3.0 (e0e1b4cc) under Ubuntu 18.04.3 LTS

I need to use the aligner tool (Tools > Align Files) to create a TM from former translations which I did without a CAT-Tool.

Now here is the problem I encountered:

As soon as I click into a text field in the aligner (source or target text) the text gets invisible. Highlighted parts are still highlighted and one can see there, that the text has turned white (I can make out the white caracters in the yellow highlighted parts).
If I click on 'edit' a new window appears, the text in there is visible - black as it should be.

Did anyone experience a similar problem or has anyone an idea what I could do?
Or would it be better to contact the OmegaT-Yahoo-group?

I did not jet use OmegaT much further under Ubuntu, so I don’t know if there are other problems alike this one.

Thanks to everyone who tries to help.
Esrove
Collapse

There is no moderator assigned specifically to this forum.
To report site rules violations or get help, please contact site staff »

Problems with OmegaT 4.3.0 aligner in Ubuntu 18.04.3 LTS : ST / TT becomes 'invisible'

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »