How to write comments on OmegaT that will also be displayed in the final document for the client
Thread poster: Lætitia Pirson
Lætitia Pirson
Lætitia Pirson
Belgium
Local time: 16:07
English to French
+ ...
Mar 23, 2020

Hello everyone,
My question might sound stupid and maybe what I'm looking for is actually very easy to do, but I have been looking for a solution to my problem on this forum, in OmegaT's instructions, etc. but I couldn't find anything that really helped me.

I would like to add some comments or notes to some of my translated segments in order for my client to be able to see those comments once he opens the final Word document (so that the notes that I have written in OmegaT ap
... See more
Hello everyone,
My question might sound stupid and maybe what I'm looking for is actually very easy to do, but I have been looking for a solution to my problem on this forum, in OmegaT's instructions, etc. but I couldn't find anything that really helped me.

I would like to add some comments or notes to some of my translated segments in order for my client to be able to see those comments once he opens the final Word document (so that the notes that I have written in OmegaT appear like comments in the Word document).

Is that possible ? If so, how can I do ? I know how to write a note when I'm translating in the programm, but once I create the translated document, none of them appear in the Word doc.

Thank you a lot
Collapse

esperantisto
esperantisto  Identity Verified
Local time: 17:07
Member (2006)
English to Russian
+ ...
SITE LOCALIZER
Not possible Mar 23, 2020

Generally, OmegaT, when producing translated documents, cannot change source documents in any way except for replacing translatable content with translations when available (otherwise source text is reproduced). So, no way.

There is no moderator assigned specifically to this forum.
To report site rules violations or get help, please contact site staff »

How to write comments on OmegaT that will also be displayed in the final document for the client

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »