Poll: In 2019, at least one of my clients:
Thread poster: ProZ.com Staff
ProZ.com Staff
ProZ.com Staff
SITE STAFF
Oct 10, 2019

This forum topic is for the discussion of the poll question "In 2019, at least one of my clients:".

View the poll results »

Ravi Shah

neilmac
neilmac
Spain
Local time: 11:21
Spanish to English
+ ...
Other Oct 10, 2019

Some Spanish universities have been chopping and changing their billing systems over the past year or two. It can be quite confusing and exasperating if they keep moving the goalposts, or if one university insists on some things while another one requires others.

Muriel Vasconcellos
Muriel Vasconcellos  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 03:21
Member (2003)
Spanish to English
+ ...
Two of the above Oct 10, 2019

One of my main clients very recently updated their portal for handling translations. Among other features, you no longer need to submit an invoice. Once you click on a button saying that you "accept" the job and the terms offered, payment is triggered by delivery of the job. While I like this automatic feature, the payment has been a little slower, at least in the jobs I've done since it was introduced. They used to pay within 5 days, and since the change I've been seeing 10 days to 2 weeks. (Of... See more
One of my main clients very recently updated their portal for handling translations. Among other features, you no longer need to submit an invoice. Once you click on a button saying that you "accept" the job and the terms offered, payment is triggered by delivery of the job. While I like this automatic feature, the payment has been a little slower, at least in the jobs I've done since it was introduced. They used to pay within 5 days, and since the change I've been seeing 10 days to 2 weeks. (Of course, the delay could be due to other factors.)

They are also promising to introduce a "neural" machine translation system before the end of the year, but that hasn't happened yet.

[Edited at 2019-10-10 09:31 GMT]
Collapse

Yetta Jensen Bogarde

Maria Teresa Borges de Almeida
Maria Teresa Borges de Almeida  Identity Verified
Portugal
Local time: 10:21
Member (2007)
English to Portuguese
+ ...
No changes here! Oct 10, 2019

Though one of the agencies I used to work very regularly in transcreation lost their account because their client started using machine translation that will be post-edited by their in-house team.

Tina Vonhof (X)
Tina Vonhof (X)
Canada
Local time: 04:21
Dutch to English
+ ...
Two or more Oct 10, 2019

Several clients have started using a new translation management system and/or changed their payment practices. None of it for the better I might add.

Mario Freitas
Mario Freitas  Identity Verified
Brazil
Local time: 07:21
Member (2014)
English to Portuguese
+ ...
Poorly devised question Oct 12, 2019

This question requires selecting more than one choice among the answers. Since the system does not allow it, it's not answerable.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Jared Tabor[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Poll: In 2019, at least one of my clients:

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »