Alami
Alami
Germany
Local time: 12:06
German to Arabic
+ ...
Jan 23, 2010

Hi all,

Does anybody know if SDL EDIT (2006, build 6010) supports RTL languages?
I am trying to translate an ".itd" file into Arabic but the translated segments are appearing on the left side. So I was wondering if there was a way to place them on the right side - which is where they should be - and make sure they will appear correctly in the final document.

Thank you for your help,

Fayçal

Alami
Alami
Germany
German to Arabic
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Translate into Arabic using SDL EDIT Jan 28, 2010

I finally found an answer to my question on the following post:
"http://www.proz.com/forum/cat_tools_technical_help/31315-sdlx_and_right_to_left_languages.html"
The version I am using seems to have various issues with "RTL" languages, especially when using the "Format Paint" mode.

[Modifié le 2010-01-28 15:22 GMT]

Yossi Rozenman
Yossi Rozenman  Identity Verified
Germany
Member (2006)
English to Hebrew
+ ...
RTL in SDL Edit Jan 28, 2010

Sorry, somehow I missed your original post.

In order to set the correct text direction in SDL Edit, select View -> Set Translation Font and from the Script dropdonw list, select Arabic.

HTH

Yossi

Alami
Alami
Germany
German to Arabic
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
RE: RTL in SDL Edit Jan 28, 2010

Thanks Yossi, This is what I was looking for. I have been looking for this information in the user's manual "Guide to SDL EDIT & translating ITDs", but I didn't find anything about the subject.
I Still have to get used to the "format painting" and check the output to see if it corresponds to what has been done in the interface or if there are any modifications to apply in the translation file.

Regards,
... See more
Thanks Yossi, This is what I was looking for. I have been looking for this information in the user's manual "Guide to SDL EDIT & translating ITDs", but I didn't find anything about the subject.
I Still have to get used to the "format painting" and check the output to see if it corresponds to what has been done in the interface or if there are any modifications to apply in the translation file.

Regards,

Fayçal
Collapse

There is no moderator assigned specifically to this forum.
To report site rules violations or get help, please contact site staff »

Translate into Arabic using SDL EDIT

Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »