Thread poster: queen123
queen123
queen123
Local time: 06:32
English to Arabic
+ ...
Apr 7, 2010

Dear Translators Arabic,

I would like to ask you if you could explain to me how to edit Arabic text in a PDF file.

At the moment I am using a trial version of Adobe Acrobat Professional. When I try to replace text, it types backwards even when I enable the right-to-left cursor shift in Preferences.

Does anyone know how to solve this problem? Any suggestions welcome.

Many thanks,

Queen

Sorour
Sorour
Local time: 07:32
Italian to Arabic
+ ...
replace arabic text in pdf Apr 7, 2010

thre's no way to replace arabic text in pdf file, there's few possibilities if the PDf was generated By Indesign ME, and it's impossible if generated by Quark Xpress.

you need to convert it to text file (word or others) and re-export it as PDF.

Ahmed Maher
Ahmed Maher  Identity Verified
Local time: 08:32
English to Arabic
+ ...
Yes you can Apr 7, 2010

Dear Queen,

In fact this is one of the most important issues I face in my work. Many applications that enable editing pdf files does not support Arabic like Infix. But the best applications that suport Arabic is Adobe Middle Eastern versions. I use Adobe photoshop ME to edit pdf files with Arabic, but I have not try Adobe acrobat professional to do this but it will not be as good as photoshop.

Regards,
Ahmed Maher

There is no moderator assigned specifically to this forum.
To report site rules violations or get help, please contact site staff »

Editing Arabic text in PDF

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »