How to write the numbers ٨٧٦٤٢٣٣٤ , which are used in the Arab World, using SDL Trados 2019?
Thread poster: Ebrahim Mohammed
Ebrahim Mohammed
Ebrahim Mohammed
Germany
Local time: 14:21
English to Arabic
+ ...
May 27, 2019

How how could I write the numbers ٨٧٦٤٢٣٣٤ , which are used in the Arab World, using SDL Trados 2019?

Samuel Murray
Samuel Murray  Identity Verified
Netherlands
Member (2006)
English to Afrikaans
+ ...
(FWIW) May 27, 2019

( This topic is also discussed here: https://www.proz.com/forum/sdl_trados_support/334988.html )

[Edited at 2019-05-28 06:55 GMT]

Samuel Murray
Netherlands
Member (2006)
English to Afrikaans
+ ...
How do you normally? May 27, 2019

Ebrahim mohammed wrote:
How could I write the numbers ٨٧٦٤٢٣٣٤, which are used in the Arab world, using SDL Trados 2019?

I'm no expert, so bear with me. How do you normally type those numbers (in e.g. MS Word or in a text editor)? Is your question related to typing those numbers inside non-Arabic text, or about typing them in Arabic text?

Ebrahim Mohammed
Ebrahim Mohammed
Germany
English to Arabic
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
translation target Arabic text. May 27, 2019

Samuel Murray wrote:

Ebrahim mohammed wrote:
How could I write the numbers ٨٧٦٤٢٣٣٤, which are used in the Arab world, using SDL Trados 2019?

I'm no expert, so bear with me. How do you normally type those numbers (in e.g. MS Word or in a text editor)? Is your question related to typing those numbers inside non-Arabic text, or ............./

I don't either know how they are typed in MS Word or editor; I usually use http://www.arabic-keyboard.org/ and then copy/paste... but that was when I had a limited number of them....
now that I am translating a big document (vehicle technical specifications) from German into Arabic with a lot of these numbers, I am trying to figure out how to write them directly using SDL Trados ....without copy and paste number by number which is a very boring and time-consuming process....so it is about typing them in a translation target Arabic text.

Samuel Murray
Netherlands
Member (2006)
English to Afrikaans
+ ...
@Ebrahim May 27, 2019

Ebrahim mohammed wrote:
Samuel Murray wrote:
How do you normally type those numbers (in e.g. MS Word or in a text editor)?

I usually use http://www.arabic-keyboard.org/ and then copy/paste... but that was when I had a limited number of them...

You could try using an AutoHotKey script that creates shortcuts, like this:

Alt + 1 = ١
Alt + 2 = ٢
Alt + 3 = ٣
Alt + 4 = ٤
Alt + 5 = ٥
Alt + 6 = ٦
Alt + 7 = ٧
Alt + 8 = ٨
Alt + 9 = ٩
Alt + 0 = ٠

Download something like that here:
http://www.leuce.com/autoit/type%20arabic%20numbers.zip
(I'm no expert at AutoHotKey, so this is a simple script, but it works for me.)

Hamidreza Ghobadi Rad
Hamidreza Ghobadi Rad
English to Persian (Farsi)
+ ...
Try using a sofware May 27, 2019

Ebrahim mohammed wrote:

How how could I write the numbers ٨٧٦٤٢٣٣٤ , which are used in the Arab World, using SDL Trados 2019?

For Farsi, I have installed a software that automatically changes the numbers when I change the keyboard language into Farsi. There should be a similar software for Arabic too.

M. Irshad (Master of Science)
M. Irshad (Master of Science)
Germany
Member (2016)
English to Urdu
+ ...
Change keyboard language May 27, 2019

Change keyboard language in bottom on the right side.

Adam Warren
Adam Warren  Identity Verified
France
Member (2005)
French to English
The first step is on installation of the software May 27, 2019

Hullo Ebrahim,

I'm sorry, I must have been unclear.

When you install Studio, the installation software asks you what languages you wish to work with. I think Studio requires you to select five languages. I assume that you chose Arabic as one of these languages. The selection happens on installation, and is not accessible thereafter in the Studio interface.

I hope that clarifies matters.

With kind regards,

Adam Warren.

Samuel Murray
Netherlands
Member (2006)
English to Afrikaans
+ ...
How to change Trados' 5 languages May 28, 2019

IanDhu wrote:
When you install Studio, the installation software asks you what languages you wish to work with. ... The selection happens on installation, and is not accessible thereafter in the Studio interface.

If I'm not mistaken, one can change the languages by reinstalling Trados (this doesn't affect one's license).

[Edited at 2019-05-28 06:54 GMT]

There is no moderator assigned specifically to this forum.
To report site rules violations or get help, please contact site staff »

How to write the numbers ٨٧٦٤٢٣٣٤ , which are used in the Arab World, using SDL Trados 2019?

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »