GRE
Thread poster: Sabina Norderhaug (X)
Sabina Norderhaug (X)
Sabina Norderhaug (X)
English to Russian
+ ...
Mar 17, 2002

Вопрос к тем, кому приходилось готовиться и сдавать этот тест.

Как вы готовились к языковой части general test? Понятно, что просто заучивать слова - тактика верная. Но может есть еще какие-нибудь приемы?

Также какие будут рекомендации по ресурсам? Я пользуюсь те�
... See more
Вопрос к тем, кому приходилось готовиться и сдавать этот тест.

Как вы готовились к языковой части general test? Понятно, что просто заучивать слова - тактика верная. Но может есть еще какие-нибудь приемы?

Также какие будут рекомендации по ресурсам? Я пользуюсь тем, что нашла в Интернете:

http://nsabina.russian-z1.org/gre.htm

(там в конце - Big Book, антонимы, синонимы, пр.)

и программой English Master. Может есть что-то более эффективное?

Спасибо,

Сабина
Collapse

Irina Filippova
Irina Filippova
Local time: 12:03
English to Russian
+ ...
A suggestion. Apr 3, 2002

Sabina,

Several years ago, I passed my GMAT test and still remember vividly those long months of preparation and the agony of the test itself. My heart goes to you. Looking back at it, I think that taking a prep course (there are many of them, Kaplan, for instance to name just one) would have been a much easier way to master the task as compared to the independent studies (especially for the non-native speakers). But at that time it w
... See more
Sabina,

Several years ago, I passed my GMAT test and still remember vividly those long months of preparation and the agony of the test itself. My heart goes to you. Looking back at it, I think that taking a prep course (there are many of them, Kaplan, for instance to name just one) would have been a much easier way to master the task as compared to the independent studies (especially for the non-native speakers). But at that time it was not an option mainly for financial reasons.

If in the verbal part your main concern is vocabulary and you want to prepare for the test on your own, here is what I would suggest. A year ago, I took an aptitude test at the The Johnson O\'Connor Research Foundation. Through that contact I learned that The Foundation has developed a vocabulary building program (you can find all the in info at this URL http://members.aol.com/jocrf19/). I have not used that program, but the reputation of the Foundation and the highest standards of practice that they set for themselves allow me to recommend the vocabulary program to you.

BEST OF LUCK!

Collapse

Palmyra
Palmyra  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 12:03
English to Russian
+ ...
Попробуйте издания для подготовки к тестам. Apr 4, 2002

Сабина, я не знаю пробовали Вы это или нет, но я считаю что это оптимальный способ подготовки (по крайней мере я так всегда делаю). Найдите в библиотеке или купите книгу по подготовке к тесту GRE, там может быть как весь тест так и книга специально по тренировке определенной ча�... See more
Сабина, я не знаю пробовали Вы это или нет, но я считаю что это оптимальный способ подготовки (по крайней мере я так всегда делаю). Найдите в библиотеке или купите книгу по подготовке к тесту GRE, там может быть как весь тест так и книга специально по тренировке определенной чатси теста (например verbal part). Там приводят примеры вопросов и главное что именно в таком виде как это выглядит в тесте и у вас есть наглядный пример и в то же время вы тренируетесь. Можно взять таких книг штук 5 например и в каждой проштудировать только нужную вам часть. Эти книги обычно продаются в магазине в отделе TEST PREP одна из фирм которая их издает KAPLAN, загляните к ним на сайт, www.kaplan.com, там о книгах поподробнее, конечно есть и компьютерные версии на дисках.

Прошу прощения если я не рассказала ничего нового

Удачи
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

GRE

Translation news in Russian Federation

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »