Secilia Njau
Secilia Njau  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 17:41
English to Swahili
+ ...
Jul 22, 2012

Hello everybody,

I need help on how to remove virus using DOS command.

I was using my computer as usual, suddenly a list of about 10+ viruses appeared on my computer, I couldn't do any thing as they where just showed up as if I was installing them.

After few seconds I couldn't open anything!

Then, I got the message I have to update Live Security Platinum, I have never installed this before I was using Microsoft Security Essentials.

... See more
Hello everybody,

I need help on how to remove virus using DOS command.

I was using my computer as usual, suddenly a list of about 10+ viruses appeared on my computer, I couldn't do any thing as they where just showed up as if I was installing them.

After few seconds I couldn't open anything!

Then, I got the message I have to update Live Security Platinum, I have never installed this before I was using Microsoft Security Essentials.

I know we can remove virus using DOS command.

What suppressed me, I don't see "run" button from start menu and I can't open notepad.

My guess is that, all this commands has been hided by viruses what can I do.

I would real appreciate any kind of advice.
Collapse

Frank van Thienen (X)
Frank van Thienen (X)  Identity Verified
Canada
Local time: 07:41
Dutch to English
check first with Microsoft Security Essentials website Jul 22, 2012

... Then, I got the message I have to update Live Security Platinum, I have never installed this before I was using Microsoft Security Essentials.

I have no experience with MSE, but the instruction to run a DOS command sounds very strange to me. Assuming this is correct, you can look for the cmd.exe which may be in your C:\Windows\system32 folder. This will give you a DOS window.

However, I'd suggest first going to the MSE website and look for updates and/or instructions there.

good luck!

Frank

Secilia Njau
Secilia Njau  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 17:41
English to Swahili
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks! Jul 22, 2012

Thanks Frank for your quick respond, It helps although I still have some issues.

I don't see the viruses in cmd and sometimes I can't open cmd because the virus attacked this file too.

I can't do any thing with this computer as everything is blocked.

Now, the computer doesn't recognize any USB, no internet.

It's terrible!

Rolf Keller
Rolf Keller
Germany
Local time: 15:41
English to German
Repairing Windows Jul 22, 2012

[quote]Secilia Njau wrote:

On your PC there is no DOS anymore but a similar-looking Windows console application. Do not fiddle with this console in this situation. And don't boot Windows anymore.

Boot from your Windows-DVD and go to the Repair options. One of these options enables you to set Windows back to a previous state (unfortunately I don't know how this option is called in English). This possibility exists since 2001 (Windows XP) but most people don't now it.

But caution: Some computers come with a so-called Recovery DVD instead of a standard Windows DVD. "Recovery" means "Set the computer back to the state of delivery". Of course this will destroy all you documents, your bought software etc.

Andrzej Lejman
Andrzej Lejman  Identity Verified
Poland
Local time: 15:41
Member (2004)
German to Polish
+ ...
However, Jul 23, 2012

[quote]Rolf Keller wrote:

Secilia Njau wrote:

But caution: Some computers come with a so-called Recovery DVD instead of a standard Windows DVD. "Recovery" means "Set the computer back to the state of delivery". Of course this will destroy all you documents, your bought software etc.

only if you are unwise enough to have all your stuff on C drive and no backups.

A.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

How to remove virus using DOS command!

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »
Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »