Thread poster: Ana Vozone
Shai Navé
Shai Navé  Identity Verified
Israel
Local time: 20:10
English to Hebrew
+ ...
For PDFs I recmmend using Sumatra PDF or PDF X-Change Viewer Jan 28, 2013

Sumatra is little light on features, but if you only need to view PDFs and copy text out of them, it is hard to beat this little great program.
PDF X-Change Viewer is great all around (also for just viewing PDFs), and its added value is the ability to annotate, highlight and sign (using the stamp feather) the PDF file.

I have also heard good things about NitroPDF, but haven't tried it myself.

In these days and age it is a good idea to pay careful attention when in
... See more
Sumatra is little light on features, but if you only need to view PDFs and copy text out of them, it is hard to beat this little great program.
PDF X-Change Viewer is great all around (also for just viewing PDFs), and its added value is the ability to annotate, highlight and sign (using the stamp feather) the PDF file.

I have also heard good things about NitroPDF, but haven't tried it myself.

In these days and age it is a good idea to pay careful attention when installing a piece of software, some try by default to install third-party packages and toolbars that you might don't want or need (as is most often the case). On occasion those third-party addons could even cause issues. It is even a better idea to switch to portable versions of one's applications as much as possible (and both Sumatra and PDF X-Change Viewer are available in a portable version)

[Edited at 2013-01-29 09:53 GMT]
Collapse

Ana Vozone
Ana Vozone  Identity Verified
Local time: 18:10
Member (2010)
English to Portuguese
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thank you! Jan 29, 2013

Thank you, Shai!

Jurgitita
Jurgitita
Local time: 20:10
An easy 22find.com removal Feb 8, 2013

Hi,

I had the same problem, when my Chrome browser changed to 22find.com out of nowhere. Moreover, I had advertisements popping up. That was so annoying and I could not find anything related to 22find.com among programs at Control Panel. Here is what one friend of mine (he is good at computers) advised me: to download antivirus program that removed 22fi
... See more
Hi,

I had the same problem, when my Chrome browser changed to 22find.com out of nowhere. Moreover, I had advertisements popping up. That was so annoying and I could not find anything related to 22find.com among programs at Control Panel. Here is what one friend of mine (he is good at computers) advised me: to download antivirus program that removed 22find.com automatically http://www.2-viruses.com/remove-22find-com-redirect. After I did a scan, it found more than one malicious application (another one was called Babylon). Hope my post will be useful
Collapse

Ana Vozone
Ana Vozone  Identity Verified
Local time: 18:10
Member (2010)
English to Portuguese
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Many thanks Feb 8, 2013

Thank you for your reply. My computer tech had to reinstall everything after having found several other viruses and malware.

I am now trying to run a very basic computer for work, and using my iPad and an old laptop to look at sites that are not work related. The risks are too high these days!

Pages in topic:   < [1 2]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

22find.com problem

Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »