Possible scam job offer sent to my email address today.
Thread poster: yugoslavia
yugoslavia
yugoslavia
United States
Local time: 06:36
English to Spanish
+ ...
Mar 20, 2020

Dear colleagues from Proz.com,

I’m writing to you because I received an email message several days ago offering me a Spanish translation project in my cellular phone. I tried to call the phone number mentioned in the text message but every time, I call this number,I’m getting an answer machine. I left around three voice messages but nobody has called me back. It’s very strange that every time,I call them, I’m getting an answer machine.

I’m suspecting that this
... See more
Dear colleagues from Proz.com,

I’m writing to you because I received an email message several days ago offering me a Spanish translation project in my cellular phone. I tried to call the phone number mentioned in the text message but every time, I call this number,I’m getting an answer machine. I left around three voice messages but nobody has called me back. It’s very strange that every time,I call them, I’m getting an answer machine.

I’m suspecting that this text message could be a scam. The phone number is from the state of Washington here in USA. I will be glad to copy and paste the copy of that phone text message for you. I want to verify if that text message is legitimate or if someone is trying to do a scam to me.

Thanks for your help and cooperation, Spanish native speakers, feel free to write to me in Spanish.
Best regards,
Yugoslavia

I will be glad to provide the phone number if you write me directly to my profile.

Here is the copy of the message:

You have been sent a message from your TranslatorsCafe.com page by hollande michael.Hello are you available for a job to translate English to French,kindly get back to me,you can also send me text on my number......

Regards

Sender Address: [email protected] (this member is not registered; the e-mail address was not verified)
Collapse

Kevin Fulton
Kevin Fulton  Identity Verified
United States
German to English
It's a scam Mar 20, 2020

yugoslavia wrote:

I tried to call the phone number mentioned in the text message but every time, I call this number,I’m getting an answer machine. I left around three voice messages but nobody has called me back. It’s very strange that every time,I call them, I’m getting an answer machine.

Give this no more thought. Anyone eager to get a translation would answer the phone.

Jorge Payan
Robert Rietvelt
Aline Amorim
Maria Teresa Borges de Almeida
yugoslavia

yugoslavia
yugoslavia
United States
English to Spanish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks Kevin. Mar 22, 2020

Hi Kevin,
I hope you are well in Michigan. Thanks for your reply. I have just sent you a message to your Proz Profile.
Thanks.
Yugoslavia

Roland Lelaj
Roland Lelaj
Canada
Member (2008)
English to Albanian
+ ...
I think it is a scam Apr 1, 2020

Greetings,

this morning I received a translation request from the same email address: [email protected]
No details about the job, no company or agency name and above all no mention of prices.

I think that this is a scam. Please, don't waste your time.

Roland

Liviu-Lee Roth
Yolanda Broad
C. MASKA

yugoslavia
yugoslavia
United States
English to Spanish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks Roland. Apr 2, 2020

Hi Mr. Roland,
I'm sorry about the delay responding. I have just got your message. Thanks for your reply. Can you please send me the phone number that he sent you through that email message?
You can send it directly to my email address.
Thanks a lot.
Yugoslavia

yugoslavia
yugoslavia
United States
English to Spanish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks Ronnie! Apr 4, 2020

Hi Ronnie,
Thank you so much for your message. I was not at home when you sent me the message. I appreciate your help. Can you please send me a copy of the email message that you received?
I will also send you mine. I hope that you and your family are safe in Canada and Albania from this terrible "Corona Virus"
Please let me know.
Thanks.
Yugoslavia

C. MASKA
C. MASKA
France
Local time: 11:36
English to French
+ ...
Pure scam from Michael Hollande Apr 9, 2020

Of course he can only pay by check, not via PayPal... Don't answer if this guy writes.

Sent: Tuesday, April 7, 2020 2:21 PM
To: corinne maska
Subject: Re: [ProZ.com mail] Inquiry

Hello I can understand that i am a stranger but the truth is we meet people everyday and we work for them no matter what in our various fields so send me your name and address and phone to mail you a check

Regards Here is the copy of th
... See more
Of course he can only pay by check, not via PayPal... Don't answer if this guy writes.

Sent: Tuesday, April 7, 2020 2:21 PM
To: corinne maska
Subject: Re: [ProZ.com mail] Inquiry

Hello I can understand that i am a stranger but the truth is we meet people everyday and we work for them no matter what in our various fields so send me your name and address and phone to mail you a check

Regards Here is the copy of the message:

Hello are you available for a job to translate English to French,kindly get back to me

Sender Address: [email protected] (this member is not registered; the e-mail address was not verified)
Collapse

yugoslavia
yugoslavia
United States
English to Spanish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks Corinne. Apr 10, 2020

Hi Corinne,
I hope you are doing well. I have just got your Proz.com message. Thanks for responding to my forum. Corinne, did he tell you where he come from?
He told me that he was based in Seattle, Washington.
Please let me know.
Thanks.
Yugoslavia

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Lucia Leszinsky[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Possible scam job offer sent to my email address today.

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »