"humanly translated" only
Thread poster: mroed
mroed
mroed
Local time: 00:13
Italian to German
+ ...
Mar 31, 2020

I was contacted today by an agency based in Dubai with a well-done online presence. The rating on proz is very good. They offered me to participate in a huge project with a volume of 20 million words, with a weekly turnover. You are not allowed to use a cat tool, no machine translation, you have to work in an online tool. They attach great importance that everything is "humanly translated".
I'm not sure, but I think I heard at some point about a similar job offer that turned out to be scam
... See more
I was contacted today by an agency based in Dubai with a well-done online presence. The rating on proz is very good. They offered me to participate in a huge project with a volume of 20 million words, with a weekly turnover. You are not allowed to use a cat tool, no machine translation, you have to work in an online tool. They attach great importance that everything is "humanly translated".
I'm not sure, but I think I heard at some point about a similar job offer that turned out to be scam. What do you think about it?
Collapse

Liviu-Lee Roth
Liviu-Lee Roth
United States
Local time: 18:13
Romanian to English
+ ...
it does not seem to be a scam Apr 1, 2020

Try to reach them by phone and confirm the project.
Compare the official website/contact e-mail and compare it with the e-mail address you received; look for for subtle differences.

Stay safe,
lee

Maria Teresa Borges de Almeida
Katarzyna Slowikova
Thayenga

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Lucia Leszinsky[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

"humanly translated" only

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »