Jose Ruivo  Identity Verified
Portugal
Local time: 01:29
Member (2007)
English to Portuguese
+ ...
Nov 20, 2012

Good morning,

I would like to know how can I update/export a translation memory, from Passolo bundle, with the translations already in the bundle provided by the client.

Best regards,
José Ruivo

Achim Herrmann
Achim Herrmann
Local time: 02:29
English to German
Store Translation Nov 20, 2012

Hello José,

You can connect the free Translator Edition to Trados 2007, and Trados Studio 2009 or 2011. Then use the function Store Translation do directly write selected entries into the TM.

When you open the bundle using a full version of Passolo you can export the translations into a TMX file.

Achim Herrmann
SDL Passolo Business Consultant

Jose Ruivo
Portugal
Member (2007)
English to Portuguese
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Doubts regarding Store Translation Nov 20, 2012

Thank you for your reply. When I click in Store Translation it says that only translated strings will be added to a glossary. Do I need to have all the strings/segments selected for saving them all to a TM, or will Passolo automatically store all translated strings? How can I confirm that they were all saved?

Thank you,
José Ruivo

Traduloc
Traduloc
Spain
English to Spanish
Add-Ins Nov 20, 2012

Hi Jose,
you have to add your TM first as an Add In, so go to:
Tools> Add-Ins

On the All tab, select the type of TM you wish to add (for example SDLX) and then clic Setup and configure it.

Once configured, when you choose to store translation it will ask if you wish to send it to Translation Add-in (your previously configured TM), so just select it and it will store all strings.

I hope this helps.
Best regards,
José

Jose Ruivo
Portugal
Member (2007)
English to Portuguese
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Not storing :-( Nov 21, 2012

Hi José Luis,

José Luis Martinez wrote:
Once configured, when you choose to store translation it will ask if you wish to send it to Translation Add-in (your previously configured TM), so just select it and it will store all strings.
José

And yet it's not storing anything in the TM I opened the TM in Trados Workbench, ordered a reorganization, and it reported 0 TUs. In doubt I ordered an export to tmx, and again it reported 0 TUs

What can I possibly be doing wrong?

TIA,
José Ruivo

Traduloc
Traduloc
Spain
English to Spanish
Try with another TM format Nov 21, 2012

Hi,
maybe you should try creating a TM in another format like SDLX TM or Studio TM, as this procedure usually works fine for me on both types.

Best regards,
José Luis

Jose Ruivo
Portugal
Member (2007)
English to Portuguese
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Still no luck Nov 22, 2012

Hi José Luis

José Luis Martinez wrote:
maybe you should try creating a TM in another format like SDLX TM or Studio TM, as this procedure usually works fine for me on both types.
José Luis

Tried that too, but it still doesn't work. I'm loving it

Thanks anyway.

José Ruivo

icylave
icylave  Identity Verified
China
Local time: 08:29
Member (2013)
Chinese to English
+ ...
Same problem Passolo 2011 Oct 5, 2013

Not able to open or update TM, but all settings are right.

icylave
icylave  Identity Verified
China
Local time: 08:29
Member (2013)
Chinese to English
+ ...
You cannot update the TM because Trados Studio and Passolo use different language codes Apr 15, 2014

I am now localizing .NET applications from English to multiple languages. I have successfully set up Trados TM in translation add-ins. But the problem is that these TMs don't work in TM and I find that may be because the language code in Trados TM is different from the target languges in Passolo.

Let's take Simplified Chinese for example.

In Passolo, we have three options in language settings, Chinese, Chinese (.NET Simplified Chinese), Chinese (Simplified/China).
... See more
I am now localizing .NET applications from English to multiple languages. I have successfully set up Trados TM in translation add-ins. But the problem is that these TMs don't work in TM and I find that may be because the language code in Trados TM is different from the target languges in Passolo.

Let's take Simplified Chinese for example.

In Passolo, we have three options in language settings, Chinese, Chinese (.NET Simplified Chinese), Chinese (Simplified/China).

As I am localizing a .NET application, obviously I should choose Chinese (.NET Simplified Chinese).

But you know, in the target language settings of Trados TM, there is no such a language called Chinese (.NET Simplified Chinese) or Chinese, there is only Chinese (Simplified/China).

Hence the TM doesn't work in Passolo as Passolo considers that the target language doesn't match.

Xinyuan Yu wrote:

Not able to open or update TM, but all settings are right.
Collapse

Tessa van Dooren
Tessa van Dooren  Identity Verified
Netherlands
English to Dutch
Try using CTRL + F10 to update the 2007 TM Aug 30, 2014

I had the same issue: all settings were correct, but nothing seemed to be added to the Trados TM, until I read the following in the Passolo help:

"Select the option Add segments to TM if you want be able to store the entries that you translate in Passolo back to the translation memory by means of the key combination CTRL+F10."

CTRL+F10 indeed does the trick for me: translations are directly stored into the 2007 TM ...
See more
I had the same issue: all settings were correct, but nothing seemed to be added to the Trados TM, until I read the following in the Passolo help:

"Select the option Add segments to TM if you want be able to store the entries that you translate in Passolo back to the translation memory by means of the key combination CTRL+F10."

CTRL+F10 indeed does the trick for me: translations are directly stored into the 2007 TM
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Myron Netchypor[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Update translation memory with Passolo

Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »