Thread poster: Robert Driver
Robert Driver
Robert Driver  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 12:36
German to English
Aug 8, 2014

Hi,

I recently bought a new laptop computer and have installed the SSD drive from my old machine into the new one. No real problems most software works and the re-registration process for most packages was smooth. The problem is that when I tried to start Passolo, the system issued the message below:

"Activation Failed - Error: We cannot complete this activation because the license is still registered by SDL for another computer"

I had of course forgotten t
... See more
Hi,

I recently bought a new laptop computer and have installed the SSD drive from my old machine into the new one. No real problems most software works and the re-registration process for most packages was smooth. The problem is that when I tried to start Passolo, the system issued the message below:

"Activation Failed - Error: We cannot complete this activation because the license is still registered by SDL for another computer"

I had of course forgotten to deactivate the license on the old machine. My question is do I have to bite the bullet and uninstall the SSD from the new computer, install it back into the old one, reregister Windows and all the other software, deactivate the license on the old machine and then go through the whole procedure again on the new laptop? On a side note is it even worthwhile; i've never yet had a job that calls for Passolo...

Thanks in advance for any help

Robert
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Myron Netchypor[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Activating SDL Passolo Essential 2011 SP6 on new hardware

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »