Passolo 2011 compatibility issues with Windows 10
Thread poster: Nicolas Martinez
Nicolas Martinez
Nicolas Martinez
Local time: 16:03
Apr 1, 2016

One of our clients send us Passolo 2011 bundles and our translators are more often than not now running Windows 10 and they need to use Passolo 2011 Translator Edition. They need to be able to see in-context preview to ensure their translations are not truncated and fit in the context but here is one of our translators have to say:

"The dialogues that should be shown after pressing Ctrl+R are complete empty. Running in Win 7 compatibility mode doesn't solve the problem.

... See more
One of our clients send us Passolo 2011 bundles and our translators are more often than not now running Windows 10 and they need to use Passolo 2011 Translator Edition. They need to be able to see in-context preview to ensure their translations are not truncated and fit in the context but here is one of our translators have to say:

"The dialogues that should be shown after pressing Ctrl+R are complete empty. Running in Win 7 compatibility mode doesn't solve the problem.

However, I discovered something. When I right-click on the dialogue panel, and select Exception Details, I receive the following error message:

Could not load file or assembly 'DevExpress.Utils.v15.1, Version=15.1.8.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b88d1754d700e49a' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified.

So, it looks like there is something missing from my system. I've tried to reinstall this dll, but I must be something wrong, since I can't register the dll."

Could you please assist?
Collapse

Achim Herrmann
Achim Herrmann
Local time: 17:03
English to German
Explanation Apr 13, 2016

Hello Nicolas,

This issue is not related to the operating system and can't be solved by re-installing SDL Passolo. It is also not related to SDL Passolo and is not a software bug.

SDL Passolo itself doesn't use any of these .NET GUI libraries like DevExpress, Infragistics, Telerik or others. Such .NET GUI libraries are used by the software developers of your client. They are used to create a nice a fancy interface but these libraries must be available in the localizatio
... See more
Hello Nicolas,

This issue is not related to the operating system and can't be solved by re-installing SDL Passolo. It is also not related to SDL Passolo and is not a software bug.

SDL Passolo itself doesn't use any of these .NET GUI libraries like DevExpress, Infragistics, Telerik or others. Such .NET GUI libraries are used by the software developers of your client. They are used to create a nice a fancy interface but these libraries must be available in the localization process for SDL Passolo to correctly visualize and check the dialogs of the client software.

So these are client files and there are various options to provide you with these referenced assemblies. It is the job of the localization engineer or project manager of your client and there are easy options to automatically embed the necessary files into the bundle.

Please contact your client and ask for all referenced assemblies or ask the localization engineer of the client to change the project settings so that all referenced assemblies will be embedded into the bundle. Then it will work properly.

Achim Herrmann
SDL Solutions Consultant
Collapse

Nicolas Martinez
Nicolas Martinez
Local time: 16:03
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks for the answer Apr 14, 2016

Thank you Achim, that is very helpful. I found the link on how to change that setting in Passolo, yet it is for Passolo 2015, I'm guessing the option should be the same for Passolo 2011: http://producthelp.sdl.com/SDL_Passolo_2015/en/html/AddIns/DotNet/NetConfig.htm

[Edited at 2016-04-14 09:12 GMT]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Myron Netchypor[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Passolo 2011 compatibility issues with Windows 10

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »