Giorgia Garavini  Identity Verified
Ireland
Local time: 06:46
Member (2005)
English to Italian
+ ...
Mar 3, 2017

Hello everyone,

I have a question about Passolo 2015. I have just translated a file included in one bundle. I'm now starting to translate a different bundle but I can see that many segments are the same or very similar to the ones I just finished translating. Two software platforms for a similar purpose so if the material won't be absolutely identical, it would still be useful to be able to retrieve the work I have just completed on the first bundle.

Is there a way to u
... See more
Hello everyone,

I have a question about Passolo 2015. I have just translated a file included in one bundle. I'm now starting to translate a different bundle but I can see that many segments are the same or very similar to the ones I just finished translating. Two software platforms for a similar purpose so if the material won't be absolutely identical, it would still be useful to be able to retrieve the work I have just completed on the first bundle.

Is there a way to use my already translated material (like the import/export function of the TM in Trados) for consistency purposes without recurring to copy and paste?

Many thanks (apologies, I'm quite a new user),

Giorgia
Collapse

Jorge Payan
Jorge Payan  Identity Verified
Colombia
Local time: 00:46
Member (2002)
German to Spanish
+ ...
Which version are you using? Mar 3, 2017

I will suppose you have Passolo 2015 Translator Edition.

I use the "SDL Passolo TMX Export" add-in to export strings as a TM in TMX format. If you have Studio 2009-2015, you can create a Studio TM and import the TMX TM into it. In order to use the Studio TM for getting matches and fuzzies for your next translation job, you will have to use the "SDL Trados Studio" add-in, which sometimes becomes a tricky procedure.

There is another appproach which I consider to be more
... See more

I use the "SDL Passolo TMX Export" add-in to export strings as a TM in TMX format. If you have Studio 2009-2015, you can create a Studio TM and import the TMX TM into it. In order to use the Studio TM for getting matches and fuzzies for your next translation job, you will have to use the "SDL Trados Studio" add-in, which sometimes becomes a tricky procedure.

There is another appproach which I consider to be more straight-forward, and specially useful if you don't have/don't want to use Studio: Export the strings as glossary and then use that glossary for the next translation.

Saludos

[Edited at 2017-03-04 19:22 GMT]
Collapse

Giorgia Garavini
Giorgia Garavini  Identity Verified
Ireland
Local time: 06:46
Member (2005)
English to Italian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Many thanks for your reply! Mar 8, 2017

Jorge Payan wrote:

There is another appproach which I consider to be more straight-forward, and specially useful if you don't have/don't want to use Studio: Export the strings as glossary and then use that glossary for the next translation.

Saludos

[Edited at 2017-03-04 19:22 GMT]

Thanks Jorge, that helped a lot!

Saluti,

Giorgia

[Edited at 2017-03-08 11:22 GMT]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Myron Netchypor[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Passolo 2015 - Use of the TM for a similar project

Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »