https://www.proz.com/forum/sdl_trados_support/14321-multiterm_convert_trados_freelance_6.html

Multiterm Convert (Trados Freelance 6)
Thread poster: René VINCHON (X)
René VINCHON (X)
René VINCHON (X)  Identity Verified
France
German to French
+ ...
Sep 20, 2003

Hello,

I can't succeed to convert a Multiterm95+ termbase in order to use it in Multiterm iX. Process "blocks" at step 9/10.

Any idea?

Thanks in advance - René Vinchon

Louise Dupont (X)
Louise Dupont (X)  Identity Verified
Canada
Local time: 09:42
English to French
MultiTerm Summer 2003 Service Release Sep 20, 2003

As-tu téléchargé le MultiTerm Summer 2003 Service Release à partir de translationzone.com? Avant ce téléchargement je n'ai jamais réussi à transformer quoi que ce soit.
Est-ce que tu obtient un numéro ou un message d'erreur?

[Edited at 2003-09-20 17:26]

René VINCHON (X)
France
German to French
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
I've the last version Sep 21, 2003

Louise, en réponse à ta question, j'ai la dernière version (reçue cette semaine), qui est postérieure à la Summer Release ou au moins identique.

Sinon, je n'ai pas de message d'erreur. Le truc c'est que le processus se bloque à l'étape 9/10 de la conversion, au moment de l'analyse (à environ 30% de progression de la barre). J'ai tout essayé,ça fait chaque fois la même chose!

Peter Linton (X)
Peter Linton (X)  Identity Verified
Local time: 14:42
Swedish to English
+ ...
I finally succeeded yesterday Sep 22, 2003

TTV wrote:
Hello,
I can't succeed to convert a Multiterm95+ termbase in order to use it in Multiterm iX. Process "blocks" at step 9/10.
Any idea?

----------------------------------
I have just installed MultiTerm iX, to replace MT 5.5, and now need to convert the old termbases to iX. Yesterday evening I succeeded at last in converting one. But it took a lot of experimenting and careful reading of the MT user guide, and also some reading between the lines.
I'm happy to try to help you, but to do that I probably need to know every step in your process. I have not come across stage 9/10. Is that in the MT Migration Tool wizard, or the Import wizard? My Import wizard seems to stop at 8.
In case it helps, I found that in step 2 of 8 in the Import Wizard, I had to tick "Fast import" - otherwise it failed every time. It was also important to create and use an .xtd file.

René VINCHON (X)
France
German to French
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
It stops in Multiterm Convert Sep 22, 2003

Lars Peter Linton wrote:

TTV wrote:
Hello,
Any idea?

I have just installed MultiTerm iX, to replace MT 5.5, and now need to convert the old termbases to iX. Yesterday evening I succeeded at last in converting one. But it took a lot of experimenting and careful reading of the MT user guide, and also some reading between the lines.
I'm happy to try to help you, but to do that I probably need to know every step in your process. I have not come across stage 9/10. Is that in the MT Migration Tool wizard, or the Import wizard? My Import wizard seems to stop at 8.
In case it helps, I found that in step 2 of 8 in the Import Wizard, I had to tick "Fast import" - otherwise it failed every time. It was also important to create and use an .xtd file.

Thanks to your answer. Perhaps I've not been clear enough. My title was "Multiterm Convert", which means it stops by me IN Multitem Convert, that is I suppose what you call "MT Migration Tool wizard". At step 9/10, MT Convert first do an analyse, and this is in this process that he stops. All get blocked and I have to reset my computer.

Having made a lot of investigations this week-end, I think either my computer has not enough power, OR my base is too "big" for the conversion process used by MT Convert. The only work-around I found was to "split" my base, by exporting with filters, then creating small partial bases, and applying MT Convert on them. It works, but the partial bases have to be really "small". So it will takes a long time!

Peter Linton (X)
Peter Linton (X)  Identity Verified
Local time: 14:42
Swedish to English
+ ...
Multiterm Convert Sep 22, 2003

TTV wrote:
Hello,

You're ahead of me - I have not yet installed MultiTerm Convert. I have been using the separate MT migration tool. That explains why I have not seen step 9/10.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Multiterm Convert (Trados Freelance 6)

Translation news related to SDL Trados

Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »