Jerzy Czopik
Jerzy Czopik  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 10:03
Member (2003)
Polish to German
+ ...
Sep 23, 2003

Trados is going to release a new 6.5 version of their software in the late November this year. Regarding to the information I get from their support, this version should support the upcoming Microsoft Office 2003.
For all who bought Trados 6 before September 1, 2003, an upgrade will be available for just EUR 39 if they order before December 15, 2003.
This is how I get my Trados 6 - I ordered very fast after the ordering possibility wa
... See more
Trados is going to release a new 6.5 version of their software in the late November this year. Regarding to the information I get from their support, this version should support the upcoming Microsoft Office 2003.
For all who bought Trados 6 before September 1, 2003, an upgrade will be available for just EUR 39 if they order before December 15, 2003.
This is how I get my Trados 6 - I ordered very fast after the ordering possibility was opened.
To order go to http://www.translationzone.com/default.asp
For now there is no possibility to order an upgrade, but it will come later.

If ordered after December 15 the upgrade will then cost EUR 99.

Kind regards
Jerzy
Collapse

Suzanne Blangsted (X)
Suzanne Blangsted (X)  Identity Verified
Local time: 02:03
Danish to English
+ ...
Trados Sep 23, 2003

Trados corporation always has a "fire sale" when a new version is about to come on the market. The info I received from Trados had a deadline of last day this month, September, to obtain an upgrade to 6.5. They always give good discounts just before a new version arrives. A new version has many improvements, and apparently the one coming out in November is also with many improvements. My Trados 3 is for sale for US$50 plus shipping but without the dongle, which can be obtained from the Trad... See more
Trados corporation always has a "fire sale" when a new version is about to come on the market. The info I received from Trados had a deadline of last day this month, September, to obtain an upgrade to 6.5. They always give good discounts just before a new version arrives. A new version has many improvements, and apparently the one coming out in November is also with many improvements. My Trados 3 is for sale for US$50 plus shipping but without the dongle, which can be obtained from the Trados corporation.Collapse

Ralf Lemster
Ralf Lemster  Identity Verified
Germany
English to German
+ ...
Sorry, but what are you selling...? Sep 23, 2003

My Trados 3 is for sale for US$50 plus shipping but without the dongle, which can be obtained from the Trados corporation.

Er... the licence is on the dongle - anyone buying the CD without the dongle would be buying a demo version for which licences are no longer sold by Trados.

Best regards,
Ralf Lemster

Henry Dotterer
Henry Dotterer
Local time: 05:03
SITE FOUNDER
Our current group buy sale of TRADOS 6.5 and MultiTerm 2003 Sep 23, 2003

TRADOS does periodic sales and the difference between buying during a sale and buying later (when possibly forced to) is quite significant. The sales often coincide with new releases; in this case, version 6.5 has about 400 enhancements, including improved support for translation of Powerpoint and Excel files.

Also just released is MultiTerm 2003, a new release of TRADOS's terminology management tool. It has full Unicode support, so it works with Asian languages, as well as Arabic a
... See more
TRADOS does periodic sales and the difference between buying during a sale and buying later (when possibly forced to) is quite significant. The sales often coincide with new releases; in this case, version 6.5 has about 400 enhancements, including improved support for translation of Powerpoint and Excel files.

Also just released is MultiTerm 2003, a new release of TRADOS's terminology management tool. It has full Unicode support, so it works with Asian languages, as well as Arabic and Hebrew.

We have been able to reduce the cost of TRADOS to members by group buying in wholesale amounts during sale periods. The price in the current group buy is $605, and the offer includes a few extras: MultiTerm 2003, 6 months of platinum and free shipping. The free shipping and platinum add-ons are good only through Friday.

Here is our group buy site:
http://www.translatorgroupbuying.com

In the group buys, you are actually purchasing direct from TRADOS, so the products and support, and taxes and duties, are the same as they would otherwise be.
Collapse

Dorothee Racette (X)
Dorothee Racette (X)  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 05:03
German to English
+ ...
Trados 6.5 and T-Window for Excel Sep 23, 2003

Has anyone bought the 6.5 version yet? I am curious to know whether it includes a full version of the T-Window for Excel. When I upgraded to 5.5, the software came with a full version of T-Window for PowerPoint, but only a "trial" version of T-Window for Excel. It turned out you had to buy the T-Window for Excel separately. I read the anouncement for 6.5 carefully, but it does not seem to answer this question in detail.

Also, has anyone bought the add-on for working with Excel? (5.
... See more
Has anyone bought the 6.5 version yet? I am curious to know whether it includes a full version of the T-Window for Excel. When I upgraded to 5.5, the software came with a full version of T-Window for PowerPoint, but only a "trial" version of T-Window for Excel. It turned out you had to buy the T-Window for Excel separately. I read the anouncement for 6.5 carefully, but it does not seem to answer this question in detail.

Also, has anyone bought the add-on for working with Excel? (5.5, 6.0 or 6.5) Is it worth it? I recently slugged through several translations in Excel and wondered whether TRADOS could have saved me some work there. Any input is much appreciated.

Best regards

Dorothee
Collapse

Jerzy Czopik
Jerzy Czopik  Identity Verified
Germany
Member (2003)
Polish to German
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
T-Window for Excel Sep 23, 2003

Dorothee Racette wrote:

Not yet, but as I bought my Trados 5.0 I got the T-Window collection for free (as far as I remember), this was because of upgrading in early stage or so. So possibly this will be same case now. After upgrading to 5.5/6.0 the T-Windows were upgraded accordingly.

Also, has anyone bought the add-on for working with Excel? (5.5, 6.0 or 6.5) Is it worth it? I recently slugged through several translations in Excel and wondered whether TRADOS could have saved me some work there. Any input is much appreciated.

Well, certainly yes, you can save a lot of time and work with all T-Windows. The only problem of T-Window for Excel is, that it treats one cell as one sentence. If there are more sentences or even worser manual line breaks (ALT+ENTER in Excel), the text is treated as one and all line breaks do not appear in the translation, so they need to be put in place afterwards. But still it is better to use T-Window with this additional work as to start translating without.
Other possibility is using T-Window for Clipboard. With it you can translate any text in any software (even descriptions or texts in Corel Draw or similar) by copying them into clipboard and translating with T-Window, and afterwards putting in place in the original file.

Kind regards
Jerzy

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Trados 6.5 new release

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »