Thread poster: Anette Herbert
Anette Herbert
Anette Herbert  Identity Verified
Local time: 05:40
English to Swedish
+ ...
Sep 27, 2003

Hi!

Can anyone advise me on why my Trados 5.5 TM is not updated when I clean up an already translated and edited word document (XP) and ask for TM to be updated.
When I go back and check the source text by attempting to translate it again, the 100 % match is the old translation unit coming up and not the changed one.

Is there another way to check that the TM actually is updated? Or does anyone know why it is not working?

Grateful for any ideas.
... See more
Hi!

Can anyone advise me on why my Trados 5.5 TM is not updated when I clean up an already translated and edited word document (XP) and ask for TM to be updated.
When I go back and check the source text by attempting to translate it again, the 100 % match is the old translation unit coming up and not the changed one.

Is there another way to check that the TM actually is updated? Or does anyone know why it is not working?

Grateful for any ideas.

Anette
Collapse

Ralf Lemster
Ralf Lemster  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 06:40
English to German
+ ...
Checking some settings and parameters Sep 27, 2003

Hi Anette,
Can you please check a couple of things?

Is your TM set to permit multiple 100% matches (this should be displayed under File - Properties as 'Yes' or 'No', IIRC - I use T6LSP, and that screen is different in the new version).

What are your settings in Options - Translation Memory Options - General, particularly under 'changed translation units'?

Best regards, Ralf

Anette Herbert
Anette Herbert  Identity Verified
Local time: 05:40
English to Swedish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
TM not updated Sep 27, 2003

Hi Ralph, thank you for your reply.
I am NOT set for multiple translations and the settings under translation memory options are:
Used translation units are left unchanged and changed translation units are merged.

Minimum match value is 70 %, max no of hits are 5.

Will this help?

Thanks
Anette

Ralf Lemster
Ralf Lemster  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 06:40
English to German
+ ...
Sorry... Sep 27, 2003

Will this help?

Er... no, actually, because with these settings, I don't know where the problem is...

Have you posted a query on TW_users? (You might want to search their archive first...)

Good luck, Ralf

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Trados 5.5 : TM not updated

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »