how to specify log files in Trados 5.5
Thread poster: Zhoudan
Zhoudan
Zhoudan  Identity Verified
Local time: 18:49
English to Chinese
+ ...
Sep 29, 2003

Trados 5.5 refuses to clean up with an error message: 50104: folder does not exist, was moved or renamed, followed by a folder name, which is in corrupted Chinese characters. Before the error message appeared, I had changed my WinXP setting to Traditional Chinese interface from Simplified Chinese and then set it back to Simplified Chinese interface.

I checked Trados Help and the solution provided is: Make sure that the folder containing the log files exists, or specify a different
... See more
Trados 5.5 refuses to clean up with an error message: 50104: folder does not exist, was moved or renamed, followed by a folder name, which is in corrupted Chinese characters. Before the error message appeared, I had changed my WinXP setting to Traditional Chinese interface from Simplified Chinese and then set it back to Simplified Chinese interface.

I checked Trados Help and the solution provided is: Make sure that the folder containing the log files exists, or specify a different log file.

My problem is that I do not know how to make sure if the folder exists or how to specify a different log file. Actually, I have renamed the folder name and the message still displays containing the folder name which is in corrupted Chinese character.

I hope I have made myself clear and thank you in advance for any help.

[Edited at 2003-09-30 05:17]
Collapse

Ralf Lemster
Ralf Lemster  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 11:49
English to German
+ ...
Log file is set in the cleanup dialog Sep 30, 2003

Click on the "Log file" button - in T6, you get a context menu; IIRC in T5.5 the button opened the selection dialog directly.

HTH - Ralf

Zhoudan
Zhoudan  Identity Verified
Local time: 18:49
English to Chinese
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
It works Sep 30, 2003

Thank you, Ralf! It works!

Regards,

Zhoudan

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

how to specify log files in Trados 5.5

Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »