Problem with languages in TRADOS (WinAlign)
Thread poster: Steffen Pollex (X)
Steffen Pollex (X)
Steffen Pollex (X)  Identity Verified
Local time: 09:34
English to German
+ ...
Oct 1, 2003

Hello!

So, finally I have purchsed the so-much- appreciated TRADOS package, and the questions have started:

first I couldn't guess what they mean by "valid dongle" that "isn't connected" until I found out they mean the little thingy in the paper bag to be plugged to one of the USB ports.

Now there's another problem: when choosing WinAlign, my source and target languages to choose are only
... See more
Hello!

So, finally I have purchsed the so-much- appreciated TRADOS package, and the questions have started:

first I couldn't guess what they mean by "valid dongle" that "isn't connected" until I found out they mean the little thingy in the paper bag to be plugged to one of the USB ports.

Now there's another problem: when choosing WinAlign, my source and target languages to choose are only

-English (US)
- Catalan
- Bulgarian,

for whatever reason.

I would need German, English (UK) and Russian, of course.

Seems simple, and, probably, it is, but how to do this?

Any suggestions very much appreciated.

Thanks
Steffen

[Edited at 2003-10-01 12:23]
Collapse

Patricia Gifford
Patricia Gifford  Identity Verified
English to German
+ ...
You might have to reinstall Trados Oct 1, 2003

Hello Steffen,

normally, when you install Trados, you come to a window where you have to chose the languages you want to work with. As far as I remember, you can chose up to five languages. I am not sure, but what might have happened in your case is that you clicked "next" without choosing your languages, and that is why you have these other languages in your language selection in WinAlign.

Please also double-check our installation guide (should be on your CD).
... See more
Hello Steffen,

normally, when you install Trados, you come to a window where you have to chose the languages you want to work with. As far as I remember, you can chose up to five languages. I am not sure, but what might have happened in your case is that you clicked "next" without choosing your languages, and that is why you have these other languages in your language selection in WinAlign.

Please also double-check our installation guide (should be on your CD).

HTH and good luck,
Patricia
Collapse

Steffen Pollex (X)
Steffen Pollex (X)  Identity Verified
English to German
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thank you, Patricia! Oct 1, 2003

Probably, there's no other choice, although I'm pretty sure that I've chosen the languages as it's supposed during the first installation.

But nobody's perfect, me in particular.

[Edited at 2003-10-01 13:11]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Problem with languages in TRADOS (WinAlign)

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »