Stanislav Pokorny
Stanislav Pokorny  Identity Verified
Czech Republic
Local time: 14:47
English to Czech
+ ...
Tags Dec 6, 2009

Hi Tom,
I still believe it is a tag issue. I'd love to have a look at the file you're having the problems with. If you like, you can send it to me over my profile.

Jerzy Czopik
Jerzy Czopik  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 14:47
Member (2003)
Polish to German
+ ...
You can still save target when you delete tags Dec 6, 2009

Please show tags in your segments in question and you will most certainly see many of them, all incorrectly placed.
This is "tag-free clean environment", which is bad in my opionion.
Showing tags makes the environment chirurgicaly clean.
When you show tags, you will certainly write your text where it belongs.

Workaround for those who might want to work with Trados in MS Word Dec 7, 2009

When this "bold/italics malfunction" occurs when using Trados in MS Word, reformat the text that Trados changed to bold/italics by marking the text and unclicking the bold/italics buttoms. This should neutralize the formatting glitch on the part you worked on.

Then mark the text that you changed back (which should now be "reset"). Next do a double-click on the format transfer buttom (is the buttom in MS Word that looks like a little paint brush) and use it to transfer the format to
... See more
When this "bold/italics malfunction" occurs when using Trados in MS Word, reformat the text that Trados changed to bold/italics by marking the text and unclicking the bold/italics buttoms. This should neutralize the formatting glitch on the part you worked on.

Then mark the text that you changed back (which should now be "reset"). Next do a double-click on the format transfer buttom (is the buttom in MS Word that looks like a little paint brush) and use it to transfer the format to any part of the rest of the text that you think Trados might want to change.

See if that works.

Jeelong

P.S. I love the way some of you people find excuses for an obvious shortcoming in a company's software.
Collapse

Nader Pourbagher
Nader Pourbagher
Türkiye
Local time: 16:47
Member (2020)
Azerbaijani to English
+ ...
English>Persian Mar 13, 2019

Hi guys,
I have this serious problem in an interesting way. It does occur with Persian language which is a right-to-left one (when translating for example from English into Persian), but when it NEVER happens when languages are both left-to-right (for example English into Turkish).
Any idea?

Pages in topic:   < [1 2]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Trados changing fonts

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »
Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »