https://www.proz.com/forum/sdl_trados_support/15742-word_error_with_trados_55_freelance.html

Word error with Trados 5.5 Freelance
Thread poster: Susana_
Susana_
Susana_
Local time: 18:06
English to Spanish
+ ...
Nov 12, 2003

Hello!

Whenever I try to translate a document in Word with Trados (i.e., open a segment), I get the following error message from Word (sorry, but I have the Spanish version): "Winword provocó un error en Winword se cerrará. Si continúan los problemas, pruebe de nuevo después de reiniciar el equipo."

I reinstalled Word and Trados, tryed with different memories and files and nothing seems to work, so any help is extremely welcome!!!
Thanks in advance,
... See more
Hello!

Whenever I try to translate a document in Word with Trados (i.e., open a segment), I get the following error message from Word (sorry, but I have the Spanish version): "Winword provocó un error en Winword se cerrará. Si continúan los problemas, pruebe de nuevo después de reiniciar el equipo."

I reinstalled Word and Trados, tryed with different memories and files and nothing seems to work, so any help is extremely welcome!!!
Thanks in advance,

Susana
Collapse

Jerzy Czopik
Jerzy Czopik  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 18:06
Member (2003)
Polish to German
+ ...
Probably your Normal.dot is corrupted Nov 12, 2003

See this article: http://support.trados.com/view.asp?cntID=476

This is quite often, that the template gets corrupted.
As you do not state, which Word version you are using, precise diagnostics are impossible.
But I'm quite sure, after regenerating your Normal.dot the problem should disapear.

HTH
Jerzy

Patricia Fierro, M. Sc.
Patricia Fierro, M. Sc.  Identity Verified
Ecuador
Local time: 11:06
English to Spanish
+ ...
Probably you are working with Word XP? Nov 12, 2003

Hi,

I recently encountered the same error while working with Word XP and Trados 5.

Just an idea.

HTH

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Word error with Trados 5.5 Freelance

Translation news related to SDL Trados

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »