Tag Editor Error: 4005: Invalid Pointer
Thread poster: Kirsty Mason
Kirsty Mason
Kirsty Mason  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 10:16
German to English
Dec 19, 2003

Hi, I am having problems accessing and saving bilingual files in the Tag Editor. Each time I try to save I receive the above message, and am unable to save the bilingual document (saving the target language file is fine). I really need the bilingual files for my client, and I also need to access old bilingual files to change them.

Trados Translators Workbench and Tag Editor version 5.5 Freelance, Windows XP. I haven't changed any settings or configuration since I last managed to sav
... See more
Hi, I am having problems accessing and saving bilingual files in the Tag Editor. Each time I try to save I receive the above message, and am unable to save the bilingual document (saving the target language file is fine). I really need the bilingual files for my client, and I also need to access old bilingual files to change them.

Trados Translators Workbench and Tag Editor version 5.5 Freelance, Windows XP. I haven't changed any settings or configuration since I last managed to save the same files successfully.
TIA
Collapse

Ralf Lemster
Ralf Lemster  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 11:16
English to German
+ ...
Check TW_users Dec 19, 2003

Hi Kirsty,
Unfortunately, I have not been able to find any reference to this issue on the Trados Knowledge Base or elsewhere.

I can't help the suspicion that this could be a Windows (rather than Trados) error message - have you tried duplicating the files? What file type are you working on?

Besides contacting Trados support, you may want to try the TW_users
... See more
Hi Kirsty,
Unfortunately, I have not been able to find any reference to this issue on the Trados Knowledge Base or elsewhere.

I can't help the suspicion that this could be a Windows (rather than Trados) error message - have you tried duplicating the files? What file type are you working on?

Besides contacting Trados support, you may want to try the TW_users group. I searched their archives, but couldn't find anything either.

Good luck, and sorry I can't be of more help...
Ralf
Collapse

Kirsty Mason
Kirsty Mason  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 10:16
German to English
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks Dec 20, 2003

.. for the reply Ralf.
In desperation I deinstalled and reinstalled all my Trados solutions and the problem has not reoccurred (so far).

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Tag Editor Error: 4005: Invalid Pointer

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »