NancyLynn
Canada
Local time: 01:01
Member (2002)
French to English
+ ...

Jan 16, 2004

Hi everybody,
Maybe I'm missing something really obvious here... but it's Friday afternoon...
Why is it that when I move from one segment to the next my source text disappears? I want it back!:-)
Thanks for nudging my brain.
nancy

Jerzy Czopik
Jerzy Czopik  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 06:01
Member (2003)
Polish to German
+ ...
Obviously your Word is not showing hidden text Jan 16, 2004

Go to Tools, Options and check the settings vor View (or similar, I have only german Word here).
At least "show hidden characters" box must be checked, the others are not that important and it depends on your preferences, if you want to see other non printables.
But it is essential to get the hidden text showed, as otherwise the text delimiters from Trados might be overwritten - and this damages the text badly.

HTH
Kind regards
Jerzy

NancyLynn
NancyLynn
Canada
Local time: 01:01
Member (2002)
French to English
+ ...

TOPIC STARTER
Thanks Jerzy! Jan 16, 2004

Jerzy Czopik wrote:

But it is essential to get the hidden text showed, as otherwise the text delimiters from Trados might be overwritten - and this damages the text badly.

HTH
Kind regards
Jerzy

Thanks, Jerzy, I did not realise the importance of this. Good thing I asked!
Nancy

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

source text disappears

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »