Trados/ Word think I want to send an e-mail!!!
Thread poster: Louise Mawbey
Louise Mawbey
Louise Mawbey
Germany
Local time: 17:13
Member (2006)
German to English
Jan 20, 2004

I'm using Trados 6.5 and Microsoft Office (Word) 2000.

There is a recurring problem with a text I am translating. Every now and then when I press on "Speichern und nächste Satz öffnen", the E-Mail toolbar automatically opens up and Word thinks I want to send an e-mail (it fills in the subject line with the file name and indicates an attachment).

The source and target fields do not open up in Word, although they are visible in Workbench and if I try to open up another
... See more
I'm using Trados 6.5 and Microsoft Office (Word) 2000.

There is a recurring problem with a text I am translating. Every now and then when I press on "Speichern und nächste Satz öffnen", the E-Mail toolbar automatically opens up and Word thinks I want to send an e-mail (it fills in the subject line with the file name and indicates an attachment).

The source and target fields do not open up in Word, although they are visible in Workbench and if I try to open up another translation unit I get an error message saying that there is a translation unit already open. I then have to repair the document and start all over again. This usually goes on for the whole of the paragraph until I find a section which Word does not think is an e-mail.

I have never experienced a problem like this before and cannot find anything about it in the Trados Support Centre. Does anyone have any ideas?

All help gratefully received.
Collapse

Ralf Lemster
Ralf Lemster  Identity Verified
Germany
English to German
+ ...
Hidden text? Jan 20, 2004

Hi Louise,
Could it be that there's a "mailto:" command somewhere in the text (even as hidden text)?

This is strange - never seen *that* behaviour. Contact me through my profile if you can send me the file - I'd like to check if I can replicate this.

Best, Ralf

Louise Mawbey
Louise Mawbey
Germany
Member (2006)
German to English
TOPIC STARTER
Word 2000 Jan 21, 2004

Thanks to Ralph's help it looks like the problem lies with Word 2000. Will keep everyone posted.

Louise

Louise Mawbey
Louise Mawbey
Germany
Member (2006)
German to English
TOPIC STARTER
Yes, Word 2000 was the problem Jan 22, 2004

I now have Word XP, have kept everything else the same and it works perfectly!

Thanks very much Ralph.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Trados/ Word think I want to send an e-mail!!!

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »