Urgent help with Tag Editor, please!!!!!!
Thread poster: Silvina Sorribas
Silvina Sorribas
Silvina Sorribas
Local time: 11:20
Member (2006)
English to Spanish
+ ...
Jan 22, 2004

Hi,

sorry to disturb but I need your assistance regarding Tag Editor. I have a single Tag Editor file which was divided into two translators.
Now the query: How should I proceed to paste the part translated by the other translator into my file so as to have both translations in the same file?????

Please I need your urgent advive since I should be delivering the job to the client within a few hours.

Thanks so much and good night

Silvina

Olaf (X)
Olaf (X)
Local time: 15:20
English to German
RE: Urgent help with Tag Editor, please!!!!!! Jan 22, 2004

Now the query: How should I proceed to paste the part translated by the other translator into my file so as to have both translations in the same file?????

Make a backup of both files. Then open each file in Notpad. In the second document, select the text between and (without the / tags) copy it and insert it into the first document before . Save the first file and try to open it with Tag Editor.

Good Luck!
Olaf

Silvina Sorribas
Silvina Sorribas
Local time: 11:20
Member (2006)
English to Spanish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
ready!!!! Jan 22, 2004

Hi, I already found out a solution: I updated my memory with the memory of the other translator and then run Translate to Fuzzy over my own file and that's it!!!! It looks wonderful now!!!!!

Thanks anyway.

Silvina

Jerzy Czopik
Jerzy Czopik  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 15:20
Member (2003)
Polish to German
+ ...
Nice for you Jan 22, 2004

This was what I have adviced, if I got this message earlier...
Anyway, it is allways possible either to update with a memory export, if given, or do a cleaup of the other file, if not allready cleaned, or to do an alignment and import this into TM, if cleaned.

Kind regards
Jerzy

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Urgent help with Tag Editor, please!!!!!!

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »