Workbench claims files are being used
Thread poster: 00000000 (X)
00000000 (X)
00000000 (X)
English to French
+ ...
Jan 23, 2004

Hi -
I have Trados 6 running on XP. Workbench refuses to do anything (analyse, clean up) on any file at all (I tried several), claiming "Cannot access the file because it is being used by another process". I've turned off all processes, rebooted, even reinstalled Windows, all to no avail.

Thank you in advance for any thoughts on the matter.

Ralf Lemster
Ralf Lemster  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 19:41
English to German
+ ...
Moving the thread... Jan 23, 2004

...to Trados Support.

Is this happening to particular file types only (such as .doc files), or have you tried other file types with the same result?

Have you installed the patches available for T6 (IOW - which version ("Build") are you using)?

Ralf

[Edited at 2004-01-23 17:13]

00000000 (X)
00000000 (X)
English to French
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Not just one type of document Jan 23, 2004

It happens with rtf & doc files.

I'm using build 309 (6.0.0.309). I don't know if it's up to date - it seems to me that I'm always updating Trados.

Thank you!

Ralf Lemster
Germany
English to German
+ ...
Not the latest version Jan 23, 2004

Hi Esther,
It happens with rtf & doc files.

...well, I was more thinking about HTML files, or other formats to be opened by TagEditor. Do you get the same problem there?

I'm using build 309 (6.0.0.309). I don't know if it's up to date - it seems to me that I'm always updating Trados.

As well as pretty much any other software package - talking of which: What version of Word are you using (including any service packs or releases)?

There was one major patch for T6, updating to Build 310 (which I'm using - no problems whatsoever).

Have you contacted Trados Support?

Best regards, Ralf

Thank you![/quote]

Ralf Lemster
Germany
English to German
+ ...
One more thing... Jan 23, 2004

...just to be sure: these files are not open in Word while you're trying to process them in Workbench, right?

00000000 (X)
00000000 (X)
English to French
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
I gave up Jan 25, 2004

Thank you, Ralf, but I did what I usually do with Trados: I gave up and used another CAT tool. There is no problem with my files, I didn't leave them open in Word, they were of a proper type, I installed the latest patch as you suggested but to no avail. Tag Editor works fine, and so do the T-Windows but I always have problems with simple rtf and doc files.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Workbench claims files are being used

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »