https://www.proz.com/forum/sdl_trados_support/17674-translating_a_doc_including_the_deleted_text.html

Translating a doc. including the deleted text
Thread poster: Justine Sherwood
Justine Sherwood
Justine Sherwood  Identity Verified
Italy
Local time: 13:40
Dutch to English
+ ...
Jan 24, 2004

Hi,
I am translating a Word doc. with Trados. Lots of changes have been made to the doc. and the client also wants the changes translated. Is there any way that I can get the same format to appear (ie. blue and crossed out) without doing that manually. I want the translation to show that changes have been made in the same way as in the original, when you place the mouse on the change you see the name of the person who changed it. Is there any way to keep the document like this when working
... See more
Hi,
I am translating a Word doc. with Trados. Lots of changes have been made to the doc. and the client also wants the changes translated. Is there any way that I can get the same format to appear (ie. blue and crossed out) without doing that manually. I want the translation to show that changes have been made in the same way as in the original, when you place the mouse on the change you see the name of the person who changed it. Is there any way to keep the document like this when working in Trados? Thanks for your help!

Justine
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Translating a doc. including the deleted text

Translation news related to SDL Trados

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »