Thread poster: Susana_
Susana_
Susana_
Local time: 21:01
English to Spanish
+ ...
Feb 1, 2004

Hello!

I received from an agency a translation test, composed of a pretranslated file and an empty TM. I've been asked to actualize the memory with the pretranslation included in the file I must translate.Now the question is how can I actualize the memory?
Thanks in advance,

Susana

Ralf Lemster
Ralf Lemster  Identity Verified
Germany
English to German
+ ...
Update TM after finishing the translation Feb 1, 2004

Hi Susana,
Unless I'm missing something here, the TM will be updated when working through the test documentation (whereby you will obviously be using the pretranslated segments). The only point of delivering an empty TM is that the settings will be set according to the agency's preferences.

Strange workflow, though...

HTH, Ralf

Marijke Singer
Marijke Singer  Identity Verified
Spain
Dutch to English
+ ...
Update the TM while translating segment by segment Feb 2, 2004

The only reason why I can think of that they sent an empty TM is that the original one is very large. I suppose they want to also see what you deliver when translating using a CAT tool.

Wojciech Froelich
Wojciech Froelich  Identity Verified
Poland
English to Polish
Too large TM? Feb 2, 2004

The only reason why I can think of that they sent an empty TM is that the original one is very large.

If the original TM is too large, you can always create 'Project TM'. It will include all TUs that generate any matches in analyzed files.

It is not available in Freelance, but agencies rather use Team/LSP versions.

Wojtek

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Help with an empty TM

Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »