Rosa Diez Tagarro  Identity Verified
Spain
Local time: 00:19
Member (2003)
English to Spanish
+ ...
Feb 26, 2004

Hi, all!

I'm a new user of Trados and I'm having trouble cleaning up an Excel file I've translated today using TagEditor (previously, I had only cleaned up Word files and there were no problems at all).

The message I get is:
(-2147467259): Object reference not set to an instance of an object.

I'm using Trados 6.5.1.406 (Build 406) together with Windows XP (Office 2000).

Thank you for your help:

Rosa

Jerzy Czopik
Jerzy Czopik  Identity Verified
Germany
Member (2003)
Polish to German
+ ...
I think it is not necessary to clean up an Excel file Feb 26, 2004

Instead of this save it monolingual in TAG Editor using "save target text" command from "File" menu.

HTH
Jerzy

Rosa Diez Tagarro
Rosa Diez Tagarro  Identity Verified
Spain
Member (2003)
English to Spanish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
great to know I could count on you Feb 27, 2004

You're right, Jerzy, it is not necessary. You can either clean it up or save it as you mention. Good to know.

Anyway, this is something I've been able to check after running my TM on the original file for the second time, since it wouldn't let me save it as target text, either.

The thing that caused the error in the first place was that I had erased a tag (a crime in the Trados world, I know).

So, I've learnt quite a few things this evening (one of them b
... See more
You're right, Jerzy, it is not necessary. You can either clean it up or save it as you mention. Good to know.

Anyway, this is something I've been able to check after running my TM on the original file for the second time, since it wouldn't let me save it as target text, either.

The thing that caused the error in the first place was that I had erased a tag (a crime in the Trados world, I know).

So, I've learnt quite a few things this evening (one of them being that as long as your TM hasn't disintegrated you're quite safe).

However, I had spent over an hour trying to guess what was wrong and hadn't been able to find a single solution. And I only felt better when I saw that there were fellow Prozians out there ready to help.

Thank you so much, Jerzy.

Rosa
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Urgent! Can't clean up an Excel file after using TagEditor

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »