Thread poster: Rufino Pérez De La Sierra
Rufino Pérez De La Sierra
Rufino Pérez De La Sierra  Identity Verified
Canada
Local time: 09:19
English to Spanish
+ ...
Mar 12, 2004

Hi all, and thanks in avdance for your help!

I am working with TagEditor, and the Word 2k Spell checker pulg-in is not working. The only info I have is that when I go to Pulg-Ins and Hit Properties, I get this message:

This plug-in does not support property pages.

I don't even know what a property page....

Please help!

Cheers

Rufino

Ralf Lemster
Ralf Lemster  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 14:19
English to German
+ ...
You need to configure the Word spellchecker - in Word Mar 13, 2004

Hi Rufino,
The error message simply means that the settings (="properties") of the Word spellchecker must be set in Word, not in TagEditor (look at the properties of the built-in "Wintertree" spellchecker in TagEditor - you'll note the difference).

Quoting Trados Help (taken from TagEditor 6.5.2.417 LSP):
Configuring the Microsoft Word Spelling Checker

If you are using the Microsoft Word Spelling Checker in TagEditor, you will need to configure the spelling checker options from within Microsoft Word. To configure the spelling checker: ...

HTH, Ralf

Rufino Pérez De La Sierra
Rufino Pérez De La Sierra  Identity Verified
Canada
Local time: 09:19
English to Spanish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks Ralf Mar 15, 2004

Ralf Lemster wrote:

Hi Rufino,
The error message simply means that the settings (="properties") of the Word spellchecker must be set in Word, not in TagEditor (look at the properties of the built-in "Wintertree" spellchecker in TagEditor - you'll note the difference).

Quoting Trados Help (taken from TagEditor 6.5.2.417 LSP):
I wish I could say I fixed the problem, but suddenly it just started working again! I have to say that my Configuration in Word has been ok before.

Thanks again, and if I find out what happened, and hot it got fixed, I'll let you know!

Rufino

Configuring the Microsoft Word Spelling Checker

If you are using the Microsoft Word Spelling Checker in TagEditor, you will need to configure the spelling checker options from within Microsoft Word. To configure the spelling checker: ...

HTH, Ralf

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

TagEditor 5.5, Workbench 5.5, Spell checker

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »