Multiterm glossary will not open - read lock
Thread poster: Anette Herbert
Anette Herbert
Anette Herbert  Identity Verified
Local time: 01:04
English to Swedish
+ ...
Mar 23, 2004

I have received a multiterm glossary from a client which I could open the other day and now I can't.
The message I keep getting is "Multiterm cannot obtain a read lock. Other users may currently be writing to the termbase. Do you want to retry?"
Retrying does not work.

Has anyone had the same experience and solved it? Does it matter that I deleted the sample termbase that came with Trados originally?

TIA

Anette

Ralf Lemster
Ralf Lemster  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 02:04
English to German
+ ...
CD-ROM? Mar 24, 2004

Hi Anette,
In which form and format did you get the database? If you got it on CD-ROM, you may have to manually deactivate the read-only marker for the files (worth checking anyway).

Whilst we're at it: which files did you get?

Ralf

Anette Herbert
Anette Herbert  Identity Verified
Local time: 01:04
English to Swedish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Problem solved, thanks Mar 26, 2004

Thank you Ralf, the problem resolved itself.
Anette

Ralf Lemster wrote:

Hi Anette,
In which form and format did you get the database? If you got it on CD-ROM, you may have to manually deactivate the read-only marker for the files (worth checking anyway).

Whilst we're at it: which files did you get?

Ralf

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Multiterm glossary will not open - read lock

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »
Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »