Downgrade from 6.5 to 5.5?
Thread poster: janneke (X)
janneke (X)
janneke (X)
English to Dutch
Mar 23, 2004

Hi,

My client will provide a TM that was made with Workbench 5.5. I have Workbench 6.5, which I believe is compatible, but the customer has requested that I downgrade to 5.5 (temporarily for this project of course). Will my dongle accept a downgrade? And, if yes, where can I find a download location for Workbench 5.5?

Thanks!

Ralf Lemster
Ralf Lemster  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 06:16
English to German
+ ...
Sorry, but this makes no sense at all... Mar 23, 2004

...because a text export from T6.5 is readable, without restrictions, by T5.5. Also, the tagging format for Word files is absolutely identical.

If your client insists, you will need to contact Trados, as T5.5 is no longer available on TranslationZone (IIRC). You don't have to downgrade, but you can run both versions on the same machine - just make sure to register the correct version before using it (using the corresponding command in the program group for T6.5, or a r
... See more
...because a text export from T6.5 is readable, without restrictions, by T5.5. Also, the tagging format for Word files is absolutely identical.

If your client insists, you will need to contact Trados, as T5.5 is no longer available on TranslationZone (IIRC). You don't have to downgrade, but you can run both versions on the same machine - just make sure to register the correct version before using it (using the corresponding command in the program group for T6.5, or a register.bat file in the 5.5 installation tree).

HTH, Ralf
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Downgrade from 6.5 to 5.5?

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »